NHTSA — Electronic Stability Control Problems

2006 Jaguar S-Type brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Jaguar S-Type:

2006 Jaguar S-Type Owner Comments

Feb 042009

S-Type

February 4, 2009 our S type R Jaguar was the victim of a rapid acceleration/runaway. On February 3 the electronic throttle shut the vehicle off when it was stopped on three or four occasions. The next day, as the vehicle was being driven out of the driveway, the throttle stuck in the open position causing the car to careen out of control. It was towed to hornberg Jaguar in hollywood and the service writer tittered and laughed at my fiancÉE. thereafter I received a phone call the next day telling me that the vehicle had suffered front-end damage and that we should call our insurance company. I told her I would have my technical expert who was a product liability witness for me in trials many years ago, pick up the vehicle and tell me what had really happened. I then received a communication that Jaguar was going to send a technical engineer to inspect the vehicle. Nine days later while I was out of state, I received a phone call with a message that the "codes" had been downloaded, there was nothing wrong with the car. There never was an investigation, not even an interview of the driver, no photographs taken of the damage pattern, and to make matters worse, the vehicle brain box was downloaded and then erased. My technical expert tells me the erasure was intentional and was designed to cover up the code which would have indicated an electronic throttle malfunction. My technical expert is alberto ferroni at ital meccanica, 714-893-5096. If no problem existed why did they lie to me and tell me they were sending a technical expert to look at the car, never even interview the driver, and then intentionally erase the brain box? moreover the dealers initial intake form which was not signed by my fiancÉE is false and fraudulent and makes no reference whatsoever to the runaway. It makes no reference to my providing the service writer with a detailed statement on the following day.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA