4.2

2006 Jaguar S-Type wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Jaguar S-Type:

2006 Jaguar S-Type Owner Comments

Oct 232015

S-Type

Following was sent to us customs. I'm at risk in this car, by Jaguar design error-and refusal to correct the error.ken berg (949 )830 6888 in my case the car suddenly and spontaneously, without apparent reason, went into what Jaguar calls żlimp homeż mode, a walking pace. Fortunately it happened on an urban parkway, posted at 55 mph, and I had just turned right, on to it, into the right-hand lane. The problem is common to Jaguar cars as shown by internet postings. Jaguar have stated that limp home cannot be disabled because it is intended for the safety of the mechanical parts of their cars. I have a string of communications running from November 2nd that I could send to provide greater detail, but IżD like to know what you folks can do, and whether there are good legal ground to support my demands. I have made this initial contact with us customs because Jaguar exports cars to the us with unstable computer systems compromising their safety and I believe that you connect with NHTSA. But my problem is immediate and IżD like some assurance that my case will be dealt with quickly, and that I can be in contact with a person that I can send further material to. Attached is initial letter to jlr. At their request I contacted jlr North America in mah wah NJ. (Jaguar Land Rover North America executive case: 8000216414 / your 2006 S-type.) they sent me on to local dealers. All have stated they wonżT disable the limp home mode because it protects the mechanical parts of the car... (and puts humans at risk as a result). They have been as capricious in dealing with my complaint as they have been with the careless design of their limp home mode! I think jlr has failed the U.S. import regulations and would like cbp to order them to disable the limp home mode.

- Mission Viejo, CA, USA