NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling: Cooling System Problems

2002 Jaguar X-Type cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Jaguar X-Type:

2002 Jaguar X-Type Owner Comments

Mar 252008

X-Type 6-cyl

I treated myself to this vehicle after suffering from brain cancer for 5 years but after the experience I have had with my 2002 X type I'm not sure if it was a treat or a mistake. I have had many problems such as engine coolant sensor, O2 sensor, intake manifold, gear shift ( manual) is rough, drivers side door sticks and wont open ( embarrassing ) at first I felt like a queen in my car but now its more humiliating than anything. I broke down on the hgwy, got made fun of for my expensive vehicle being on the side of the road, the check engine light is always on. And I don't have time in life to get to enjoy this car since it is in the shop so much :(

- Wichita, KS, USA

Feb 012002

X-Type 4WD

Steering column shimmied when depressing brake; steering column made rubbing noise; two tires blew out; electrical malfunction light turned on; poor fm reception; front seats rock.

- Miami, FL, USA