NHTSA — Exterior Lighting: Headlights Problems

2004 Jaguar X-Type lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Jaguar X-Type:

2004 Jaguar X-Type Owner Comments

Jan 222006

X-Type 6-cyl

When I press on the brake to stop, the car accelerates. The harder I press on the brake the more the car wants to accelerate. I have had at least six incidences of this situation in the course of approximations four months. When I brought the car into Jaguar service the first time they returned the car to me saying that "there is nothing wrong with the car". when I brought the car to them the second time, I was very specific about how the problem developed. After four days in the shop they were able to determine that the accelerator bracket extends beyond the area of the accelerator to the left and therefore can at times interfere with the brake pedal. Jaguar claims that they have never heard of this problem before, although I was able to find at least one other person, on an internet website, "", who is experiencing the same problem. I informed Jaguar that I am holding them responsible for any damages caused by this defect. They have now know about the cause of the problem since at least since February 22, 2006. The head lights were aimed too high. Updated 03/22/06.

- Wilbraham, MA, USA