NHTSA — Seat Belts: Front: Buckle Assembly Problems

2004 Jaguar X-Type seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Jaguar X-Type:

2004 Jaguar X-Type Owner Comments

Feb 022007

X-Type 6-cyl

Driver seat belt failure when I left the house, the seat belt locked properly. When I returned to the car, I was unable to lock the seat belt around me. The dash indicated that the seat belt was locked. The buckle jammed in a closed position. I brought the car to the Jaguar dealer the same day. It's a 2004 X -type, purchased 8/04 and has 60,000 miles on it. The car was under warranty for 50,000 miles. I was told the repair would be about $200, and they had the part in stock. Several hours later, I was called and the total repair was over $540! I've driven cars well over 100,000 miles. I've never had a seat belt failure.

- Kings Park, NY, USA