NHTSA — Vehicle Speed Control Problems

2005 Jaguar X-Type engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Jaguar X-Type:

2005 Jaguar X-Type Owner Comments

Feb 112008

On several occasions my car has suddenly and unexpectedly accelerated - a very scary experience. The dealer told me they had had other reports, and that it was able to be fixed - however it has not been fixed. The most recent incident (below) happened when I was going uphill and had eased off on the accelerator because traffic in front of me was slowing down. Instead, the car responded as though I had put my foot to the floor.

- Nyack, NY, USA