NHTSA — Exterior Lighting Problems

2005 Jaguar X-Type lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Jaguar X-Type:

2005 Jaguar X-Type Owner Comments

Nov 212013

My vehicle has the same problem as NHTSA id number: 10766521 filed 9/21/2015. The headlights are angled too low and the mechanic says that a plastic piece is broken and the entire headlight assembly needs to be replaced. I keep the fog lights on to compensate for the limited view of the low beams. I also use the high beams at night whenever I can. The headlights not properly illuminating the road in front of me is an obvious safety issue.

- Robbinsville, NJ, USA

Jan 082015

Driving at night I noticed that the headlights look out of alignment. The right light was about normal, but the left light was aimed down and to the left of the road ahead. It was difficult to see the highway. I purchased the car new. It's never been in an accident or hit on the front end. It's a long way to a dealer, so I went to an independent mechanic who determined that there is a plastic part broken on the back side of the lights. Replacement cost for parts (have to buy the whole assembly) and labor (bumper has to be removed to get to the light assembly) was almost $1500. I think this should be a recall item since I believe its a defect. It's also strange that the nc inspection does not include headlight alignment. If it lights, it passes. Did not get it fixed, we just don't drive it at night.

- Southport, NC, USA

Jan 032007

X-Type 6-cyl

Vehicle is a 2005 Jaguar X-type with AWD, 3.0L DOHC V6, gasoline, automatic transmission). On 01/03/2007, the automatic headlights did not turn on or off automatically according to ambient outside lighting conditions. Dealership diagnosed failed sensor and replaced rear view mirror (part no. C2S1598).

- Hazel Crest, IL, USA