NHTSA — Service Brakes, Hydraulic Problems

2006 Jaguar X-Type brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Jaguar X-Type:

2006 Jaguar X-Type Owner Comments

Mar 012012

X-Type 6-cyl

With my brakes applied and slowing to a stop at the bottom of an interstate exit ramp, my car seemed to jerk and then suddenly accelerated as if it was trying to go into passing gear. I immediately pressed the brakes as hard as possible and shifted into neutral so I could stop and avoid hitting the car in front of me. While in neutral, the engine kept revving and the tachometer was in the red. I turned the engine off to keep from damaging it and put the car in park. After the car in front of me had gone, I started my car to see if the engine would run properly. It seemed to be okay, so I carefully drove to my home which was about three more miles. Several weeks prior, I had a similar incident when I was parking at the grocery store, but I was in the process of turning off the engine. When I started the car to leave the grocery store, everything seemed to be okay and I didn't think any more of it. I found several other people on line that have experienced the same problem but none of them could prove it to their dealer and nothing was done about it. I guess it will take someone getting killed before anything gets done about this sudden acceleration problem with the 2006 Jaguar X-type. This incident has upset me and I am afraid to drive this car, but I don't have another vehicle to drive.

- Warrior, AL, USA