NHTSA — Engine Problems

2009 Jaguar XF engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Jaguar XF:

2009 Jaguar XF Owner Comments

Sep 042016

This happened for the first time on 09/04/2016. I was going in highway at 70mph the car suddenly stopped for 0.5 second and turned on by itself. All the electrical system restarted at that time. I did not take it seriously at that time and it started to come again and this time it is in the local road where I was going at 30 mph. This time the car stopped and the steering is struck. I changed the car to park mode and started the car again. The same thing happened several times after that and the car started automatically. I have a new battery on the car and the key fob has new battery and the car started straightway. I don't see any other problems other than this. I took the take to a mechanic and they could not diagnose the issue and asked to take it to the Jaguar dealer. I have an appointment with the dealer tomorrow. Yesterday it happened again the highway and this time the car stopped. I managed to pull the car to the side lane and started the car again. This is very dangerous condition. Hence I'm reporting this.

- Commerce Township, MI, USA

Aug 192016

I was notified by my dad that picked up my car from the yard that he heard rattling when he saw my vehicle. Before I shipped my car it wasn't making any rattling noises. I'm not sure what's going on because I wasn't there to see anything but he end up towing the car because he didn't want to drive the car running with a rattling sound. It was stationary but already running when he first approached it and noticed the rattling. How can this case be resolve?

- Evans Mills, NY, USA