NHTSA — Fuel/Propulsion System Problems

3.5

2009 Jaguar XF fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Jaguar XF:

2009 Jaguar XF Owner Comments

Sep 042016

XF

This happened for the first time on 09/04/2016. I was going in highway at 70mph the car suddenly stopped for 0.5 second and turned on by itself. All the electrical system restarted at that time. I did not take it seriously at that time and it started to come again and this time it is in the local road where I was going at 30 mph. This time the car stopped and the steering is struck. I changed the car to park mode and started the car again. The same thing happened several times after that and the car started automatically. I have a new battery on the car and the key fob has new battery and the car started straightway. I don't see any other problems other than this. I took the take to a mechanic and they could not diagnose the issue and asked to take it to the Jaguar dealer. I have an appointment with the dealer tomorrow. Yesterday it happened again the highway and this time the car stopped. I managed to pull the car to the side lane and started the car again. This is very dangerous condition. Hence I'm reporting this.

- Commerce Township, MI, USA

Oct 122012

XF

The contact owns a 2009 Jaguar Xf. While driving 15 mph, the transmission warning light illuminated and the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was restarted and taken to a dealer who diagnosed that the fuel regulator failed. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure recurred several times. The vehicle was taken to another dealer for a second diagnostic testing. The dealer diagnosed that the failure was an internal failure inside the transmission. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 74,000.

- Stone Mountain, GA, USA