NHTSA — Vehicle Speed Control Problems

2010 Jaguar XF engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Jaguar XF:

2010 Jaguar XF Owner Comments

Oct 012010

XF 8-cyl

Jaguar 2010 Xf. Bought the car in early Oct, 2009. In October and November of this year there were 3 occurrences whereby the car 's transmission failed to go into neutral after the brakes were applied to come to a stop. In each instance the stopping action occurred following a low speed travel : 1st parking into a church parking space, 2nd coming to a stop in bumper to bumper traffic on rte 90 near oak park, ill. And last, and most frightening slipping into a parking space on the 7th. Level of the parking garage facing marshall field in downtown, Chicago. In this last situation the rear wheels spun and screeched while I was pressing the brake pedal as fiercely as I could. I came to just a few inches of the retaining wall. I took the car to the dealer who maintained that the car had been test driven and computer tested without detection of a re-occurrence. The dealer further advised that the computer test results were sent to Jaguar and reported back that the Jaguar people had never had any similar reports. The dealer asked that I retrieve the car as no problem was detected. I believe this car has serious electronic or related problems as regards the connection between braking action and transmission going into neutral after the brakes are applied. A few months before the entire electronics on the dash board had to be replaced as the screen monitor went dead. I do not in my layman's mind know whether there is any connection between these two issues. In any event I refused to go back into that car. I asked the dealer to take it back and I was offered $ 36,000 for the car. I paid $ 59,674 for it just a year or so before. Someone I know suggested that I could have gotten somewhat more by selling it privately, but I did not want to have it on my conscience selling a dangerous vehicle.. the dealer bought it with 3670 miles on the odometer. According to the document, the consumer stated the vehicle would accelerate when coming to a stop. Updated IVOQ 01/19/11

- Barrington, IL, USA

Apr 292010

XF

10329018 TL contact owns a 2010 Jaguar Xf. While driving at an unknown low speed, the vehicle suddenly surged forward which caused a crash. The contact depressed the brake pedal but the vehicle did not stop. The vehicle was towed to an authorized dealership to be inspected. The current and failure mileages were approximately 5,000.

- Wexford, PA, USA