NHTSA — Vehicle Speed Control Problems

2012 Jaguar XF engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Jaguar XF:

2012 Jaguar XF Owner Comments

Nov 122012

XF 8-cyl

I was driving down I-95 South on 11/12/12, near philadelphia (on the way to a 76ers game) with my 7 year old son in the backseat (with booster). I went to accelerate and the pedal apparently got stuck (I didn't know that was the issue at the time). Harrowing experience to say the least. I saw the engine was revving very high and thus thought it had dropped to a lower gear, but the speed kept increasing (rapidly). Tried using the brakes for 3-5 seconds, but it did not seem to do much (did not solve the problem). I realized what might be going on and slipped my toe under the accelerator then popped it injuries, other than jangled nerves. Interesting that the pedal was not caught on any part of the carpet or being obstructed by it - which was what I theorized while bringing the car to a stop. The accelerator pedal has an arm that goes directly back (into the engine compartment) - so it may be mechanical in some way. I will be bringing the car to my dealer very soon to get it checked out and fixed, but the problem has not happened again (I've also not used the accelerator as much). Unfortunately, I've been working out of town and not able to get it into the is going into the shop next week.

- Newtown, PA, USA