2001 Jaguar XJ8 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Jaguar XJ8:

2001 Jaguar XJ8 Owner Comments

Aug 242007

XJ8 6-cyl

My 2001 Jaguar XJ8 with 43,000 miles suddenly reported problems with ABS and trac systems on the dashboard readout. Dealer checked it and said a module needed replacement (total cost of about $1500). Although the warranty period was past, with such low mileage, I felt such a safety defect should be taken care of by Jaguar North America. I wrote them but they refused. I also pointed out they should have a recall, as the dealer told me this was quite common. I think this is something that should be looked into, if ABS failures occur so soon in what otherwise is a very good automobile.

- Carefree, AZ, USA