2.5

2004 Jaguar XJ8 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Jaguar XJ8:

2004 Jaguar XJ8 Owner Comments

Mar 152013

XJ8

Well I was driving along and all of a sudden just lost fuel power, so I pull over, cut the car off, and started the car up again and drove about a 100 yards and it repeated the same thing over again. I must have did it at least 6 times till I got home. So I'm thinking that it might be the throttle box, it's a fuel and electrical problem.

- Humboldt, TN, USA

Sep 242003

XJ8 8-cyl

The power window on driver's side stopped operating while in the up position. Vehicle stalled on two occasions while driving at 35 mph and 65 mph. Vehicle restarted on both occasions, and the vehicle would vibrate severely while driving 50 mph. Consumer stated vehicle had been to the dealer 8-10 separate times, but problem recurred. The electrical sstem has problems. Radio changes funtions from am to fm to cd by itself without consumer input. Windows go down without the consumers input and will not close. Interior lights do not work when driving. Steering wheel gets heavy when driving at slow speeds. Tires become loud and rought at 19000 miles.

- Saint Petersburg Beach, FL, USA