Unintended Acceleration While Braking

2004 Jaguar XJ8 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Jaguar XJ8:

2004 Jaguar XJ8 Owner Comments

May 122012

XJ8 Vanden Plas V8

On Saturday, May 12, I was pulling into a parking space at the post office. The car suddenly lurched forward and my brakes were not responsive, my car slammed into the curb. Had there been a pedestrian crossing the parking lot at that time, the results could have been fatal. I called Jaguar to se if this was a known problem, I was told it was not. However, there are several reports of this problem found on the Internet. I have since labeled my car a 'killing machine' and I know each time that I drive it may be my last.

- , Forest Hill, MD, USA