0.9

1998 Jeep Cherokee brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Jeep Cherokee:

1998 Jeep Cherokee Owner Comments

Apr 152015

Cherokee

I think my Jeep is remotely bugged somehow, ABS light comes on and my brakes work, ABS light goes out and my brakes make noise and pedal goes down further like I have no brakes. Also, temperature gauge is steady then suddenly it goes up and down. I have checked fluids, had brakes inspected (replaced pads and front rotors) I went to police said they had no way of testing for bugs.

- Beckley, WV, USA

Feb 112014

Cherokee 6-cyl

The button and spring popped out of the emergency brake lever upon application of the brake. It appears there might have been many similar incidents and possible NHTSA incident number applied for earlier model years. That number 95rv172000 was obtained via internet search of Jeep owner websites and commercial automotive magazine information. The emergency brake is inoperable without the release button, however, at this time the brake is in the released position and vehicle is drivable.

- Belleville, IL, USA