- August 9: Jeep Renegades Recalled Due to Overactive Warning Lights recalls | 14 days ago
- July 30: You Can Soon Legally Buy a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee and Ram 1500 news | 24 days ago
- July 21: Jeep Compass Recalled to Keep Batteries From Exploding recalls | 33 days ago
- July 15: Chrysler Recalls 442,000 Cars and SUVs Over Alternator Failures recalls | 39 days ago
- June 14: Chrysler Calls Foul on University Emissions Report news | 70 days ago
1998 Jeep Cherokee
Worst 1998 Cherokee drivetrain Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- drivetrain clunks at low speeds1
- NHTSA: Power Train9
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly: Axle Shaft: Seal3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Driveshaft2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly: Banjo Housing1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Differential Unit1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Transfer Case (4-Wheel Drive)1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Cherokee Model Years
Curious how the 1998 Cherokee compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Cherokee overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cherokee.