1998 Jeep Cherokee seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Jeep Cherokee:

1998 Jeep Cherokee Owner Comments

Aug 092002

Cherokee 4WD

Jeep Cherokee equiped with gen-3 seat belts. Child safety seat is used in this vehicle. I have not had a collision in the vehicle yet but would like the belts to be replaced. I have notified the dealership and they don't seem to care. Daimler chysler only offered me a prerecorded message saying that they would do nothing to fix the problem.

- St. Louis, MO, USA

Dec 012000

Cherokee 4WD

Front passenger and rear driver side seatbelt cannot be pulled out of sockets in freezing temperature. When vehicle warms up sufficiently, seat belts do operate.

- Greensburg, PA, USA

Mar 042000

No specific problem.... just a general complaint that has been echoed by every mom I've talked to. my Jeep, we had to get a different seat belt in order to make the car seat work.'s a cry for simpler more universal designs. We have two different cars and it took us 6 hours to refit both cars to make the car seat work the first time. Then, when grandma showed up in her car, we had to do it all over again. It should not take an hour to install a car seat for the first time and then you only hope you've got it right. Of course, you are doing this while holding a child and a diaper bag etc. 3.need more places that we can take our cars to see if the seat is in right. Can we just drive over to the highway patrol office at any time to do this" why not" 4. these things shouldn't be this hard!... P>S> both my husband and I have college degrees and he's is in engineering.

- Knoxville, TN, USA