2001 Jeep Cherokee suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Jeep Cherokee:

2001 Jeep Cherokee Owner Comments

Aug 022005

Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

As I was driving my 2001 Jeep Cherokee sport down the interstate at 72 mph the vehicles began to shake violently "the death wobble". what had happened is I hit a small bump in the road causing the vibration. The only way to stop it was to finish passing the semi and pull over on the shoulder and stop( with out getting killed or killing anyone else.) this has happened 3 times over the course of a year. The first time I was told it was my tires. I changed them with Goodyear (like the factory had). The second time it happened they told me it was the sway bar. This still did not correct the problem. On the third time they told me it was my control arms. The control arms were replaced and I still notice a small vibration but it has not had the ("death wobble yet"). I am writing this complaint to officially inform the public of this problem. I want to ensure that I am the only one with this problem. Thanks

- Brighton, CO, USA