Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2014 Jeep Cherokee shows an early trend of transmission complaints. Most of the complaints are for rough shifting — things like jerking & hesitation when shifting gears.

We are keeping an eye on things but the 2014 Cherokee doesn't look like a good model year compared to past years.

2014 Jeep Cherokee accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

2014 Jeep Cherokee Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Jul 042015

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V393000 (structure) and 15V509000 (visibility); however, the parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Highland Park , MI, USA

Oct 062014

Cherokee 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Cherokee. While driving 25 mph in the rain, the passenger side windshield wiper rolled rain or snow onto the driver side windshield wiper, which obscured the driver's vision. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer who stated that the vehicle was functioning as designed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 6,000. The VIN was not available. Updated 8/28/15 updated 12/4/2015

- Appleton, WI, USA

Feb 182015

Traveling home on highway, snow fell hit the windshield causing it to crack - no point of impact whatsoever, just a crack that runs nearly across the entire bottom of the windshield (snow came off of passing semi-truck). Contacted Jeep to find out that the particular one I need is on national backorder with no eta and would not offer any additional information to me. Complained numerous times and told by several people that I would get return phone call by said date/time with no follow up. Still have broken glass on a car that is less than 1 year old and still no eta of when it will be replaced. Both dealership and Jeep customer care have not been helpful at all in getting this resolved. Still feel as though this is a warranty/recall issue with the glass since there is no point of impact and because it is on national backorder with no eta (which no one is willing to explain why).

- Springfield, MO, USA

Jan 302015

On 1/30/15 while clearing snow off my 2014 Cherokee, the wiper snapped back and left a major crack in my windshield that goes from edge to edge, and almost all the way up as well. The impact was not that forceful at all. I have now been waiting 26 days for a replacement as of today. On Saturday 2/21/15 I spoke with somebody at a Chrysler factory in detroit and they say they have over 900 of these particular windshields on backorder and may not be available till April. Sounds to me like if they have that many backed up, there must be a fault or defect in the design or manufacture of this particular windshield. It has a built in wiper de-icer. Only that one is not available, the windshield without that option is available. But since this an option I paid extra for, I want it back. Again, is there any word on this being an ongoing issue" are these windshields defective, and is this recall material"

- Winthrop, MA, USA

Dec 012014

My 2014 Jeep Cherokee does not automatically increase the air temperature when the front windshield defroster has been engaged. Instead, the climate control continues to direct air to the windshield that is at the same temperature setting that the driver has set for cabin temperature. Result, no defogging or defrosting action. This is potentially very dangerous while driving in weather conditions that case a sudden or unexpected fogging of the windshield, blocking or obscuring the driver?S vision. My Chrysler dealer stated this was normal and that the driver has to manually increase the air temperature control to high. This was not printed in the owners manual. Such action adds to the distraction of the driver having to manipulate the temperature controls in addition to the loss of visibility due to the fogging condition. As you might expect, the driver has to return the cabin temperature controls back down to a normal when turning off the front windshield defroster. This should be an easy fix in the vehicle's climate control software.

- Porterfield, WI, USA

Oct 272014

Purchased a 2014 Cherokee trailhawk with 0 miles on Oct 25. At 200 miles, and 48 hours later I took it onto the beach. As soon as it got into the sand, it dropped to 2nd gear and rpms shot up to just over 3000. Car would not shift out of second. Temp went up to 230. Later on all computers in car started to flash like white noise. Brought it back to the dealer and was given a variety of excuses. Bad ABS sensor, loose fuse etc. Went to pick the car up from the dealer after hours when they were closed. As soon as I turned it on, flashing white noise on all the screens.I also took it on the beach a day or two later, and again car wouldn't shift out of second gear on the beach. The car now began to shift very erratically. It would up shift very fast accelerate when my foot was not on the gas. When coming to a stop it would down shift so hard. When I brought the car back to the dealer, (now with 700 miles on it) they told me they were replacing the entire transmission. They have had the car for 3 weeks total. Finally picked up the car last week.when I got into the car the odometer ready 6000 miles! I dropped it off with 700.I told him for the 3rd time that I did not want it. I have also been dealing with a Jeep resolution team from Chrysler.its been a week, the car is shifting more erratic than it has since the new transmission. The sunroof leaks water, the windshield is constantly fogged and looks like there is a clear coat that may have gotten on the car that makes it impossible to see when driving. Also, when I turn the floor heat on, the front defroster comes on.Chrysler contacted me on Friday, and my Jeep has officially been deemed a lemon, and I am entitled to a replacement. I don't want a replacement. I want a full refund and to head over to the Toyota dealer.

- East Hampton, NY, USA

Feb 102014

Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

Ice build up on windshield caused wipers to become stuck on windshield causing wipers to be inoperable. Had no vision through the windshield and was forced to pull off the road every few miles to scrape the windshield in order to continue to drive. Wipers would not loosen at all during this incident and numerous incidents which followed during the winter. This is a serious safety issue.

- Glenville, NY, USA

Sep 142014

Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

While parking in indoor garage the rear window exploded outward leaving a large area of glass shards. The force of the explosion was so great that it dislodged the wiper blade motor from its bracket. Luckily, no one was standing there. However, if someone was there they would have suffered multiple severe lacerations!

- Mont Vernon, NH, USA

May 302014

Noticed smearing on windshield on test drive, was told it was fog on inside an sure is not, car in service after rain storm an I was blinded by on car because hard to see. After several times to get this solved it seems that all Jeep do this according to the service manager, wow that's one big safety problem, I tried to get them to do several things, ! change wiper blades finally they did, 2 change wiper fluid, they just added more to it. 3 I asked change windshield they wont unless approved by Chrysler. Its the ole run around.

- Millbury, MA, USA

Mar 052014

A Jeep authorized dealership changed the engine oil and oil filter for my vehicle. About 15 minutes after I took my vehicle from the dealership, the incident happened on a highway. "service transmission" warning showed up first, the engine light was on, and some electronic functions were disabled, which include, but are not limited to, the forward collision warning, the parksense, the lane sense, and the adaptive cruise control. The ESC activation / malfunction indicator light was on. There was loud rattling noise from the engine, and the vehicle was shaking while moving on the highway. I had a difficult time moving the vehicle off the highway. After I parked on a surface road, I found no engine oil was registered on the dipstick. The leaked oil was splashed over the vehicle's exterior. In particular, it covered the parking sensors and the rear window, which disabled the electronic safety features and greatly reduced my visibility while driving. The vehicles behind me on the highway were also splashed by the leaked oil and were beeping and/or cutting in my lane to complain. The dealership determined that the rubber ring that seals the cartridge housing of the oil filter was broken, causing the engine oil leak. This O-shaped rubber ring comes with the oem oil filter that was installed when the oil filter was changed. The engine was damaged. The dealership stated that no test drive is required to check if there is a leak for oil change service. Three other Jeep dealerships confirmed this claim. I believe there is a design defect in the oil filter sealing that can cause life threatening accidents. I believe Jeep does not instruct their authorized dealership to implement an oil filter change procedure that ensures a part defect like this would be discovered before the vehicle leaves the dealership.

- El Cerrito, CA, USA