CarComplaints.com Notes: There's no way around it, the Cherokee's transmission is junk. There's no other explanation for why a vehicle, usually with under 40,000 miles, would have so many complaints

7.0

2014 Jeep Cherokee accessories - interior problems

2014 Jeep Cherokee Owner Comments

Jul 092015

Cherokee

I bought a pre-owned certified Jeep Cherokee 2014 from david's Dodge, Jeep, and Chrysler last week Monday, June 6th, 2015. I had a major issue occur a week later on the highway while traveling 65 mph the car loss traction control, 4 wheel drive, and the ability to accelerate. I was in a cattle shoot and had to coast the car down the highway to pull over. A service engine light along with warnings about the traction control and transmission were shown. I pulled to the side of the road and put the car in park which resulted in a hard jerk from moving the clutch from drive to park. I restarted the car and the car was idling at an abnormally high RPM. I put the car in drive and noticed a jerk once again when moving through the gears. The car also shifted very hard for about 45 more miles. I called the dealership who informed me that my car required an update to the transmission which was preformed that day. As an engineer I find it unacceptable that the dealership sold a car with the potential to crash on the highway due to negligence with regards ignoring a crucial update like the transmission. After the update to the transmission the car is shifting very hard from gear to gear and seems to be giving a shallow shift to 1st gear when the car is at a complete stop. Monday, 13th, 2015, I have an appointment for two other issues a squeak in the rear passenger seat and an interference issue with the sirusxm. As an engineer it is obvious that there is a deep underlying problem with the 9 speed transmission I will be asking for the dealership to replace the transmission as the update was not effective causing rough shifting and a loss of acceleration in the shift from high to low gears.

- Malvern , PA, USA