Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2014 Jeep Cherokee shows an early trend of transmission complaints. Most of the complaints are for rough shifting — things like jerking & hesitation when shifting gears.

We are keeping an eye on things but the 2014 Cherokee doesn't look like a good model year compared to past years.

2014 Jeep Cherokee electrical problems

2014 Jeep Cherokee Owner Comments (Page 7 of 7)

May 302014

Cherokee 6-cyl

Was driving on a 2 lane highway and the Jeep lost power, I pulled over to the shoulder and when I reached a complete stop the Jeep shutoff. I could not get it the restart. After waiting 10 minutes I finally got the Jeep restarted. When it started it released a huge cloud of white smoke from the exhaust pipes. This is the 4th time this has happened.

- Delaware, OH, USA

Jun 042014

This is the second recall that we have had on this vehicle in less than a year. Here is the new real information. Summary: Chrysler group llc (Chrysler) is recalling certain model year 2011-2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee and Dodge durango vehicles manufactured from January 5, 2010, through September 8, 2013. The subject vehicles have a brake booster with a center shell that may corrode and allow water to get inside. We called the dealership, and they stated they will check the break booster, but if there is no corrosion, they will not replace it. Here is my question. What happens if there isn't any corrosion now when it's checked, but it becomes corroded 6-12 months later? I don't foresee the dealership telling us to come in every month to check it out. So we just have to plug along driving every day unsure if our brakes will work or not. This is ridiculous and majorly unsafe. I believe the dealership should replace the part even if there is no corrosion! period. This is the kind of stuff that leads to major lawsuits after accidents.

- Yelm, WA, USA

Mar 302014

Cherokee 4-cyl

Upon acceleration 5mph, multiple warning lights. Transmission light, red lightning bolt light, shifting hard, wheel locked up, battery light came on, car died. Car is 2 months old. Dash flashed red writing, can no shift unless in P before died. I was in the middle of intersection when this happened. Hurried to turn car off and turn back on and it drove. Seems to do this when the car has sat for a long period of time. Shifts hard doesn't accelerate when the problem occurs. Dates occurred same problem 3/30, 3/31, 4/1. car is at the dealer for review. They did 3199 PCM software update 3/31/14. Same problem occurred 4/1.

- Denham Springs, LA, USA

Apr 012014

Cherokee 6-cyl

I was sitting still when the engine stopped running and would not start again. I called roadside assistance and they hauled my vehicle to the dealer.the dealer called tues 4/2/14 and said that it was fixed I picked it up and about 3 mi from the dealer the engine stalled again this time I was traveling about 10 mi per hour coming up on a stop sign I again called roadside assistance and they hauled it back to the dealer. The dealer called in the afternoon and said it is fixed.I hope it is. If I had been traveling a highway speed this could have been a disaster.

- Mansfield, OH, USA

Mar 012014

When turning on the car the windshield wipers turned. The wipers were not in the on position. The indicator lights were not working and the high beams could not be turned on. This persisted for over 2 hours.

- Woodside, NY, USA