Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: How many transmission complaints can a new vehicle really receive? You'd be surprised. Unless you're a 2015 Cherokee owner, then I bet you're not surprised at all.

2015 Jeep Cherokee electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Jeep Cherokee:

2015 Jeep Cherokee Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Nov 232014

Cherokee 6-cyl

Have had two times the vehicle transmission warning came on to "service transmission" with no response from depressing the accelerator. At these two times the vehicle was at a full stop and the dash was full of warning lights for different things. When the transmission was shifted from drive to park, there was a loud and violent jerking by the transmission. This transmission has had it's software updated many times, which has not helped. Dealer tech was able to observe this condition and replaced the transmission valve body. After replacing the valve body and after driving about 50 miles on a interstate highway, the service transmission warning came on. Took the next exit and stopped at a traffic stoplight, the car would lunge and jerk violently trying to go. Shut the engine off and let the car reset itself. Will not drive the vehicle again and will ask Chrysler to supply a rental vehicle at their expense until they have replaced my vehicle. This makes three times the vehicle has been in the shop for transmission problems. This transmission issue as far I am concerned is a major safety issue.

- Appling, GA, USA

Nov 072014

I am filing this complaint about my 2015 Cherokee latitude because the vehicle was repeatedly shifting itself out of drive into neutral while the SUV was in motion. I had the vehicle for 12 days before this happened. I was compelled to file this complaint for two reasons. First, in doing minor internet research about this problem, I discovered this was an ongoing issue with the new 9 speed automatic transmission that Chrysler was aware of way back in October 2013 and was "supposed? to fix with the 2014 model & subsequent models after that. I have a brand new 2015 model and this issue has not been properly addressed & fixed at all. It"S obvious that the proper amount of qa was not done if this is still happening. Secondly, the main reason I wanted to file this complaint it because this issue of shifting out of gear while driving is a critical one. I am extremely lucky that I was not involved in a collision with a vehicle driving behind me when my SUV suddenly & repeatedly stopped moving. My concern is that other drivers with these new 9 speed transmissions may not be so lucky. This issue could easily result in injuries or death if not properly addressed.

- Ferndale, MI, USA

Sep 162014

Cherokee 4WD 4-cyl

I recently leased a new 2015 Jeep Cherokee with safety package and fcw system. When I took vehicle home I realized that the forward collision warning system was not engaging ie: No audible and no visual alerts so I took it back to the dealer. The vehicle has been back to service several times for re-calibration but they cant get the system to work as designed or advertised. I am waiting for the service tech to get back to me with additional information as he was waiting for a response and overhead support rom Jeep. According to the service tech alot of these vehicles are experiencing similar issues. This is a potentially dangerous issue and real safety concern. If folks are relying on this system they may be at risk.

- Staten Island , NY, USA