2016 Jeep Cherokee fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Jeep Cherokee:

2016 Jeep Cherokee Owner Comments

Jul 302016

Purchased 2016 Jeep Cherokee brand new from susanville auto center and the car has now been in the shop 6 times and towed in the last time. It has now fried the coil and the spark plugs. It has been in for 2 wheel sensors, thermostate replacement at 1500 mile, coolant leak at 2500 and now the coil and plug issue while driving home from auburn ca over 200 miles from home car started jerking dash flickering and use over 3/4 tank of gas in 50 mile and would only go 45mph at 25K. I drive for a living an can not afford to be stranded in the middle of no where as a woman. I've contact Jeep Corp and of course no response. Dealer wont do anything either. Now to try ca lemon law and attorney general.

- Westwood, CA, USA

Jul 202016

Mileage mpg is nowhere near epa sticker displayed on Jeep when purchased. Perhaps this is due to mechanical problems? (see tranny slippage report) same trip, same/similar driving conditions, no stop-and-go traffic, flat-ish highway, no wind, hot weather [I.e. less windage], should average about ~28mpg, but average is ~20mpg. Also, average mpg is dropping (I.e. was ~26mpg... then 24mpg... then 20mpg.)

- Murrieta, CA, USA

Jun 202016

I was pulling into traffic after stopping at intersection car went dead no power it would not turn back on until I removed key and reinserted it then it started. I was stopped partaily in roadway

- Bastrop, LA, USA

May 022016

First of all, this is a brand new vehicle. I bought it 6 weeks ago and it has less than 3000K miles. The vehicle was in motion and it shut down/ stalled out. How can a new vehicle just loose power? the dashboard told me service the transmission. The emergency brake light came on and the check engine light came on. The Jeep sat in the median of a 4 lane busy highway just running. It took an hour for roadside service to have a tow truck to come to me. My baby, puppy and I were just stranded in the middle of a bad storm. Jeep knows of this. They don't care about their consumers. Now my life is in danger with this piece of crap. Crap that costs me $26K! the tow truck driver told me I was his 4th customer today with the same problem as the others who have this exact model. Please do not buy! your life will be in jeopardy or at the hands of an unmerciful company. The dealership told me they didn't even want it back. I'm just stuck!

- Winnsboro, SC, USA