9.9

2016 Jeep Cherokee lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Jeep Cherokee:

2016 Jeep Cherokee Owner Comments

Jun 142016

Cherokee

The first time I drove my 2016 Jeep Cherokee at night I could not see as well as with my other cars, I thought something was wrong wiyh my headlights so I started looking on line and found lots of other people with the same problem.I talked to the service dept.and they told me there isnt any recalls on this problem.I think Jeep should do something about this before somthing serious happens.

- Laughlin, NV, USA

Sep 152016

Cherokee

The headlights on this car are extremely dim and make driving at night, in the rain or snow very hazardous. I took the car to my dealership and they agree they are dim but said that they are in working order. They get this complaint frequently. So no fix or upgrade available. No my eyes are not the problem. Chrysler made standard very bright lights on all of the 2017 models. Not a coincidence. This is a dangerous situation. I drive on dark back roads in the hills frequently. It isn't just a nuisance but a truly dangerous situation. Chrysler needs to address this immediately.

- Batesville, IN, USA

Sep 022016

Cherokee

The dealer sold the Jeep patriot 2016 with the brake light above the rear hatch not working. The later inspection conducted for what was thought to be a bad light bulb, turned into a discovery that the brake fixture wiring had been cut with a recommendation to change the harness ($600).

- Houma, LA, USA

Aug 042016

Cherokee

Vehicle has a front wobble or shimmy when accelerating from stop. On loose or slick pavement wobble replicates wheel slip and has caused me to over correct my steering and acceleration on multiple occasions. Vehicle steering wheel is wrapped in leather. The leather is loose near center spokes of steering wheel. Fingers have snagged on the loose leather on multiple occasions causing a dangerous control issue. Vehicle delivered with non functioning blind spot monitor mirror on passenger side and normal mirror on driver side. Assuming the passenger side was equipped with blind spot assistance I was nearly in an interstate collision during the night drive home immediately following delivery.

- Knoxville, TN, USA

Jul 252016

Cherokee

Drove my new Jeep for the first time at night in the country. The headlights are dangerously inadequate. The shoulder is not properly illuminated, creating a hazard when objects are on the side of the road, as well as when making a turn onto unlighted intersection. When going down a slight grade, the lights do not give enough distance to react in an emergency. Dealer has checked alignment of lights and determined they are to factory specs. Have a case numbers started with Chrysler customer support, but getting very slow response. Pictures of my Nissan frontier with oem lights after 72K miles vs Jeep with 500 miles.

- Grand Junction, CO, USA

Jul 202016

Cherokee

Light-emmiting-diode lamp which indicates when the parking-break is engaged is not visible in daylight [I.e. peak bright southern California sunshine]. and, the led color is non-optimal for human observation. The led which is illuminated when the parking-break is set is not visible in day light. Please consider fixing or repairing this problem asap. I routinely need to cover the area with my hand and squint in order to see if the led is lighted. This is a serious problem that could easily be fixed. Perhaps someone during assembly used the wrong resistor"?" I hope that Chrysler Jeep used pwm to control the led brightness, so that this issue can be fixed with a software update.

- Murrieta, CA, USA

Nov 152015

Cherokee

When driving at night with halogen headlights on low beam, the headlights are dim with insufficient forward range/illumination and yelow-ish color spectrum. Sometimes it is difficult to determine if the headlights are functioning because they are so dim. This situation is a safety risk for the driver and others.

- Bloomfield Hills, MI, USA