Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Whenever a new product is introduced, there's bound to be some problems. And man oh man, does the 2006 Commander have some problems.

It's the plight of the 1st-generation adopter: you get the newest and shiniest in exchange for a handful of issues that get ironed out in future versions. But what happens when that handful of issues becomes a bucketload? The 2006 Commander has quality control issues like the door handles breaking off and the sunroof leaking. But what's truly worrisome is the electrical problems like the vehicle shutting down unexpectedly, gauges going crazy or the cruise control having a mind of its own.

Bottom line: if you want a Jeep Commander, you're better off looking at a later model year.

2006 Jeep Commander accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Jeep Commander:

2006 Jeep Commander Owner Comments

Jul 222008

Our 06 Jeep Commander has been a nightmare since the day we purchased it used with 14K miles on it in 3/07. We continue to have problems with the dash lights coming on, stalling just today 7/22- the lights lit up and the air conditioner quit working!!! no fan no blower... nothing. It has been brought in for the recall for this but it keeps happening. Oh and did I mention that autopark Jeep in cary, nc sold me a lemon/buyback.... they gave me the carfax report after 30 visits to the service dept.... fool me once, fool me twice... I am hoping that Jeep will buy it back again for this complete lemon!! I know have 37K on it and the service dept was talking that they did not know if Jeep would cover the work.... they can keep it..

- Fuquay Varina , NC, USA