- June 14: Chrysler Calls Foul on University Emissions Report news | 13 days ago
- June 6: 2012 Jeep Liberty Airbag Lights Under Investigation investigations | 21 days ago
- June 2: Jeep Wrangler Casting Sand Lawsuit Alleges Engine Damage news | 25 days ago
- May 25: Government Sues Chrysler Over Ram and Jeep Emissions news | 33 days ago
- May 23: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Compass SUVs That May Roll Away recalls | 35 days ago
NHTSA — Power Train Problems
2006 Jeep Commander (Page 4 of 9)
CarComplaints.com Notes: Whenever a new product is introduced, there's bound to be some problems. And man oh man, does the 2006 Commander have some problems.
It's the plight of the 1st-generation adopter: you get the newest and shiniest in exchange for a handful of issues that get ironed out in future versions. But what happens when that handful of issues becomes a bucketload? The 2006 Commander has quality control issues like the door handles breaking off and the sunroof leaking. But what's truly worrisome is the electrical problems like the vehicle shutting down unexpectedly, gauges going crazy or the cruise control having a mind of its own.
Bottom line: if you want a Jeep Commander, you're better off looking at a later model year.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 5 / 2
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 4 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 77,863 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: