CarComplaints.com Notes: Whenever a new product is introduced, there's bound to be some problems. And man oh man, does the 2006 Commander have some problems.

It's the plight of the 1st-generation adopter: you get the newest and shiniest in exchange for a handful of issues that get ironed out in future versions. But what happens when that handful of issues becomes a bucketload? The 2006 Commander has quality control issues like the door handles breaking off and the sunroof leaking. But what's truly worrisome is the electrical problems like the vehicle shutting down unexpectedly, gauges going crazy or the cruise control having a mind of its own.

Bottom line: if you want a Jeep Commander, you're better off looking at a later model year.

6.0

2006 Jeep Commander electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Jeep Commander:

2006 Jeep Commander Owner Comments

Jun 102013

Commander Limited V8

When driving down the road all the dash lights will start flickering on and off. (Headlights will do the same). I bought this limited, leather interior, luxury vehicle with hopes of not having a lot of problems. The vehicle drives nice but cosmetic and electrical problems. NEEDS TO BE RECALLED!

I called about this hoping it had a recall and even though my vehicle has ALL the problems listed under recalls my VIN number does not match their records.

- , Pittsfield, PA, USA

May 012011

Commander Limited Hemi

Auto shop can't seem to diagnose the problem. This has since caused our hvac fan assembly to burn out. There is no rhyme or reason for the problem. It will randomly start flashing the lights, warning signals and all dash lights for no reason. Can we say lemon?

- , Alpharetta, GA, USA

Oct 012009

Commander V8

Problem started in 2009.It was at night . Head lights and dash light started flicker on their own internally shorting out.It was not happenig all the time.Sometimes 2 or 3 times a day sometimes more sometimes less.Heritage Chrysler servces this car on 10/16 2009.Invoice NB LCCS181822 REPALCED MULTI FUNCTION SWTCH .I have pick up my car after service was done.It was after closing .It was dark . I turn the car on and stared to drive home . I DO NOT HAVE WORKING TURN SIGNALS AND HIGHBEAMS after sevice was completed.Next day Heritage Chrysler service try to fix the problem and they say they did.Serice Invoice NB LCCS185020. The car mechanic states that they have install wrong switch.I do not know if the they have install new or reinstall the old. I do not have any problems for 2 yeas . Three mounths ago my car started having the same problem. This car is 5 years old and 42000 miles.My whife drives this car ,takes kids to school., I do not know what to do. I DO NOT TRUST THE CHRYSLER WITH SERVICE WORK.THIS SERVICE WAS CAVER UNDER THE WARRANTY.looks to me they have never fix the problem 1ST TIME.

- , Baltimore, MD, USA

Jun 182010

Commander

The dash lights would all blink as if it was a code.Happened periodically

- , Blackstone, VA, USA