- July 18: Nothing 'Good' About Small SUV Headlights news | 7 days ago
- June 28: Chrysler Electronic Gear Shifters Cause Nearly 700 Complaints news | 27 days ago
- June 26: Chrysler Electronic Gear Shifter Focus of Lawsuit news | 29 days ago
- June 22: Chrysler to Stop Making Vehicles With Certain Takata Airbags news | 33 days ago
- June 21: Jeep Electronic Gear Shifter Focus of Anton Yelchin's Death news | 34 days ago
NHTSA — Electrical System Problems
2006 Jeep Commander (Page 1 of 29)
CarComplaints.com Notes: Whenever a new product is introduced, there's bound to be some problems. And man oh man, does the 2006 Commander have some problems.
It's the plight of the 1st-generation adopter: you get the newest and shiniest in exchange for a handful of issues that get ironed out in future versions. But what happens when that handful of issues becomes a bucketload? The 2006 Commander has quality control issues like the door handles breaking off and the sunroof leaking. But what's truly worrisome is the electrical problems like the vehicle shutting down unexpectedly, gauges going crazy or the cruise control having a mind of its own.
Bottom line: if you want a Jeep Commander, you're better off looking at a later model year.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 18 / 5
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 7 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 53,023 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.