CarComplaints.com Notes: Whenever a new product is introduced, there's bound to be some problems. And man oh man, does the 2006 Commander have some problems.

It's the plight of the 1st-generation adopter: you get the newest and shiniest in exchange for a handful of issues that get ironed out in future versions. But what happens when that handful of issues becomes a bucketload? The 2006 Commander has quality control issues like the door handles breaking off and the sunroof leaking. But what's truly worrisome is the electrical problems like the vehicle shutting down unexpectedly, gauges going crazy or the cruise control having a mind of its own.

Bottom line: if you want a Jeep Commander, you're better off looking at a later model year.

7.3

2006 Jeep Commander electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Jeep Commander:

2006 Jeep Commander Owner Comments

Sep 102011

Commander V6

So I tried to use my cruise control, and it started to accelerate to 85, which was fine I figured I try to decelerate and it be fine. When I tried to decelerate the car started to sputter. and the cruise control shut off. Now every time I try to use it the light comes on but when i try to set it the light goes off. Does anyone know if it a recall or how much it will cost me to fix?

- , West Warwick, RI, USA

Jan 212010

Commander

At first, when I turned the cruise on and hit the set button, it would take off and accelerate like I had pushed the pedal to the floor. Now when I push the set button, it turns it off and it will not come back on.

- , Winona, MO, USA

Jun 012009

Commander 3.7L

What will it take to fix my cruise control problem. When you push the set button, the cruise control causes the jeep to accelerate as if I had pressed the accelerator pedal to the floor.

- , Stafford, TX, USA