- November 27: Investigation Closed Into Jeep Airbags Deploying For Nothing
- November 3: 'Connected' Cars Can Be Tracked For $500 Or Less
- October 31: Jeep Cherokee Recalled After Engine Fires
- October 29: Chrysler Recalls 560,000 SUVs For Airbag and Stability Problems
- October 27: Fiat Chrysler Recalls Jeep Cherokee and Ram 1500
Check Engine Light
CarComplaints.com Notes: Whenever a new product is introduced, there's bound to be some problems. And man oh man, does the 2006 Commander have some problems.
It's the plight of the 1st-generation adopter: you get the newest and shiniest in exchange for a handful of issues that get ironed out in future versions. But what happens when that handful of issues becomes a bucketload? The 2006 Commander has quality control issues like the door handles breaking off and the sunroof leaking. But what's truly worrisome is the electrical problems like the vehicle shutting down unexpectedly, gauges going crazy or the cruise control having a mind of its own.
Bottom line: if you want a Jeep Commander, you're better off looking at a later model year.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 72,771 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 5 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (3 reports)
- remove carbon build up on the valves (1 reports)
- replace O2 sensor (1 reports)