- February 8: Jeep Grand Cherokees Keep Rolling Away investigations | 5 days ago
- December 24: Chrysler Recalls 570,000 SUVs To Fix Fire Dangers recalls | 51 days ago
- December 17: Jeep Cherokee Recalled Again For Power Liftgate Problems recalls | 58 days ago
- December 8: Jeep Wrangler Airbag Clockspring Investigation Upgraded investigations | 67 days ago
- November 27: Investigation Closed Into Jeep Airbags Deploying For Nothing investigations | 78 days ago
Check Engine Light
CarComplaints.com Notes: Whenever a new product is introduced, there's bound to be some problems. And man oh man, does the 2006 Commander have some problems.
It's the plight of the 1st-generation adopter: you get the newest and shiniest in exchange for a handful of issues that get ironed out in future versions. But what happens when that handful of issues becomes a bucketload? The 2006 Commander has quality control issues like the door handles breaking off and the sunroof leaking. But what's truly worrisome is the electrical problems like the vehicle shutting down unexpectedly, gauges going crazy or the cruise control having a mind of its own.
Bottom line: if you want a Jeep Commander, you're better off looking at a later model year.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 72,771 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 5 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (3 reports)
- remove carbon build up on the valves (1 reports)
- replace O2 sensor (1 reports)