- September 20: Chrysler Agrees to Settle Dodge and Jeep TIPM Lawsuit
- September 5: Jeep Renegade Recalled To Keep Hackers Away
- August 31: Over 206,000 Jeep Cherokees Recalled For Windshield Wiper Problems
- August 30: American Car Owners Long For Horse and Buggy Days
- August 25: Jeep Grand Cherokee Roll Away Dangers Investigated
Check Engine Light
CarComplaints.com Notes: Whenever a new product is introduced, there's bound to be some problems. And man oh man, does the 2006 Commander have some problems.
It's the plight of the 1st-generation adopter: you get the newest and shiniest in exchange for a handful of issues that get ironed out in future versions. But what happens when that handful of issues becomes a bucketload? The 2006 Commander has quality control issues like the door handles breaking off and the sunroof leaking. But what's truly worrisome is the electrical problems like the vehicle shutting down unexpectedly, gauges going crazy or the cruise control having a mind of its own.
Bottom line: if you want a Jeep Commander, you're better off looking at a later model year.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 72,771 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 5 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (3 reports)
- remove carbon build up on the valves (1 reports)
- replace O2 sensor (1 reports)