- July 18: Nothing 'Good' About Small SUV Headlights news | 5 days ago
- June 28: Chrysler Electronic Gear Shifters Cause Nearly 700 Complaints news | 25 days ago
- June 26: Chrysler Electronic Gear Shifter Focus of Lawsuit news | 27 days ago
- June 22: Chrysler to Stop Making Vehicles With Certain Takata Airbags news | 31 days ago
- June 21: Jeep Electronic Gear Shifter Focus of Anton Yelchin's Death news | 32 days ago
Check Engine Light
CarComplaints.com Notes: Whenever a new product is introduced, there's bound to be some problems. And man oh man, does the 2006 Commander have some problems.
It's the plight of the 1st-generation adopter: you get the newest and shiniest in exchange for a handful of issues that get ironed out in future versions. But what happens when that handful of issues becomes a bucketload? The 2006 Commander has quality control issues like the door handles breaking off and the sunroof leaking. But what's truly worrisome is the electrical problems like the vehicle shutting down unexpectedly, gauges going crazy or the cruise control having a mind of its own.
Bottom line: if you want a Jeep Commander, you're better off looking at a later model year.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 72,771 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 5 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (3 reports)
- remove carbon build up on the valves (1 reports)
- replace O2 sensor (1 reports)