- April 2: Family of Remington Walden Awarded $150 Million in Jeep Fire Lawsuit
- February 28: Fiat Chrysler Recalls 467,000 SUVs To Fix Engine Stall
- February 2: Jeep Cherokees Recalled After Airbags Deploy Without a Crash
Check Engine Light
CarComplaints.com Notes: Whenever a new product is introduced, there's bound to be some problems. And man oh man, does the 2006 Commander have some problems.
It's the plight of the 1st-generation adopter: you get the newest and shiniest in exchange for a handful of issues that get ironed out in future versions. But what happens when that handful of issues becomes a bucketload? The 2006 Commander has quality control issues like the door handles breaking off and the sunroof leaking. But what's truly worrisome is the electrical problems like the vehicle shutting down unexpectedly, gauges going crazy or the cruise control having a mind of its own.
Bottom line: if you want a Jeep Commander, you're better off looking at a later model year.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 58,964 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 4 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (2 reports)
- remove carbon build up on the valves (1 reports)
- replace O2 sensor (1 reports)