- May 18: Fiat Chrysler Recalls 580,000 Cars and SUVs in 2 Recalls recalls | 6 days ago
- May 15: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Grand Cherokees For Locked Gear Shifters recalls | 9 days ago
- May 8: Lawsuit Alleges Jeep Recall Created 4-Wheel-Drive Problems news | 16 days ago
- April 22: Chrysler Recalls 1.1 Million Vehicles For Rollaway Risk recalls | 32 days ago
- April 2: Chrysler Recalls Ram 1500, Dodge Durango and Jeep Grand Cherokee recalls | 52 days ago
NHTSA — Vehicle Speed Control Problems
2006 Jeep Commander (Page 1 of 3)
CarComplaints.com Notes: Whenever a new product is introduced, there's bound to be some problems. And man oh man, does the 2006 Commander have some problems.
It's the plight of the 1st-generation adopter: you get the newest and shiniest in exchange for a handful of issues that get ironed out in future versions. But what happens when that handful of issues becomes a bucketload? The 2006 Commander has quality control issues like the door handles breaking off and the sunroof leaking. But what's truly worrisome is the electrical problems like the vehicle shutting down unexpectedly, gauges going crazy or the cruise control having a mind of its own.
Bottom line: if you want a Jeep Commander, you're better off looking at a later model year.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 5 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 3 / 2
- Average Mileage:
- 57,834 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.