2007 Jeep Commander engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Jeep Commander:

2007 Jeep Commander Owner Comments (Page 4 of 6)

Feb 042014

Commander

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Commander. The contact stated that while traveling 60 mph, the vehicle suddenly stalled. The contact stated that the failure recurred several times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the failure could not be replicated. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 114,000.

- Monticello, IA, USA

Jan 292014

Commander

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Commander. The contact stated while traveling various speeds, the vehicle suddenly stalled. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing or to be repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 73,800.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Dec 122012

Commander

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Commander. The contact stated that while driving 10 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer however, the technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000 and the current mileage was 100,000.

- Wheeling, WV, USA

Nov 222013

Commander 8-cyl

2007 Jeep Commander engine stall in stop and in freeway at 65mph out of the blue could barely drive it almost caused us to get into an accident, had to pull over multiple times.

- Chula Vista , CA, USA

Dec 142009

Commander

At 50 mph the engine stalled I pulled to the side and restarted it this has been happening ever since that first time only at present it happens more regularly at least once daily sometimes twice I have replaced many parts, plugs, coils, oil sending unit, cps, ignition switch but the problem still exist, ps I am a retired auto mechanic so I do not trust or believe in auto dealerships.

- Old Town, FL, USA

Oct 082013

Commander 6-cyl

The park assist light comes on causing the vehicle to stall while driving. Lost communication with left front door module electrical.

- Katy, TX, USA

Mar 292013

Commander

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Commander. The contact stated that while driving 70 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer however, the technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 66,000 and the current mileage was 70,000.

- North Glenn, CO, USA

Oct 212013

Commander

I pulled in my driveway, put my car in park and as I was turning off the key my car made horrible noise, and when I tried to restart the vehicle I had no power. I waited a few minutes and tried the key again, and the dash flicked off and on, off and on and it said transmission over temperature, check gauges, etc. This morning I tried again, and it said some code and then went completely dark today. About a month ago I was driving approximately 60 mph and my car just lurched shut off and restarted itself on a freeway. I talked to the tech - they did not know what it could be. Reading there are several complaints about this. Still not sure what is wrong with my car this time, I get it serviced regularly and obviously need to have it towed to a dealer to get checked out.

- Maple Valley, WA, USA

Aug 012013

Commander 8-cyl

The engine stalls during operation (2007 Jeep Commander).

- Peoria, AZ, USA

Sep 092013

Commander

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Commander. The contact stated that while driving 35 mph, the vehicle stalled as the engine warning lamp illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the fuel cap was loose and needed to be tighten. The failure recurred. The vehicle was taken to another dealer where the technician diagnosed that the electronic shift module was defective and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 160,900.

- Red Bank , NJ, USA

Sep 022013

Commander 4WD 6-cyl

Vehicle keeps loosing power shifts into N state, pdrn are highlighted with boxes and you have to wiggle shifter to regain power. Message is: "service park assist". not sure if this is the same issue that the latest recall (13V175000) listed is however, my Jeep doesn't seem to fall in the manufactured date range so I am making a formal complaint since this is kind of low miles to have this kind of an issue with this vehicle and it is happening with my manufactured date vehicle.

- Enfield, NH, USA

Jun 152011

Commander 8-cyl

My 2007 Commander runs perfect when cold but after 1 1/2 hours of being on the road it begins to run horribly. In stop and go traffic the engine bucks, sometimes dies off and has a complete lack of power. The check engine light flashes, sometimes I put it in neutral and rev the engine and then it is fine for a while and the mil light goes off. Sometimes on turns the engine sputters in the intersection which has led to several close calls of being hit by the oncoming vehicle. Sometimes on the freeway, climbing a slight incline the engine sputters and I lose speed and crawl to the right lane, again sometime I put it in neutral and rev the engine, slam it in drive and sometime that works. My mechanic has had the PCM tested, changed spark plugs, coils, oxygen sensors, added extra ground wires, cleared the wiring for shorts, cleaned all engine connectors including injectors plugs and road test the vehicle with the scanner connected. Stated that other than picking up dtc P300B the data stream on the scanner showed no abnormalities. There has been no change in the performance of my Commander. I will be calling the dealer to see what can be done under my 8year/80,000 mile drive train warranty.

- Honolulu, HI, USA

Feb 182011

Commander 8-cyl

The engine has stalled on many occasions while driving on highway and other roads. This has occurred probably 20-30 times over the passed couple of years. Occasionally it will stall for a few seconds and then kick back in, but more often I will have to let the vehicle slow down and coast to a stop in the breakdown lane if there is one. I then put on the flashers, put it in park, turn off the key, wait a few seconds and start the vehicle. This may not happen again for several months or it may happen the next day. This is extremely dangerous and scares my wife and myself half to death. This past weekend while in the passing lane this occurred on the interstate with lots of traffic and we were lucky that it did not result in an accident. Researching online I have found that this is not uncommon with the Jeep Commander. There was a recall for this exact problem. (power train control module software) NHTSA campaign id # 08V203000, NHTSA action # EA07007. I called Chrysler and was basically told that our VIN# is not in the recall and they will not help. This is my wife's car but I usually do the driving.

- Windsor, CT, USA

Apr 172013

Commander 6-cyl

While driving down the street at approximately 25 miles an hour, the vehicle stalled it was towed to my home because it would not restart at the time. We had a mechanic do a spot check for blown fuses and battery/alternator issues, but no issue was found. The vehicle restarted the next morning.

- Fremont, CA, USA

Aug 072013

Commander 6-cyl

While driving the vehicle under normal conditions on the on-ramp to the highway, the vehicle stalled and lost power. I was not able to restart vehicle in neutral, once it rolled to a stop, and it was placed in drive, the vehicle was able to start. Approximately two miles on the highway, driving approximately 60 miles an hour, the vehicle shut down again. It restarted once it came to a complete stop and I was able to put it in drive.

- Fremont, CA, USA

Jun 212013

Commander

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Commander. The contact stated while waiting at a traffic light, the vehicle stalled without any warnings. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 85,000 and the current mileage was 86,000.

- Gaithersburg, MD, USA

Jan 162008

Commander

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Commander. The contact stated that while driving approximately 5 mph, the vehicle overheated as the check engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer for diagnostic testing or repairs. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure and current mileage was 65,000.

- Brockton, MA, USA

Jul 312013

Commander

Yesterday I went to start my Jeep and when I turned the key nothing happened. A few seconds later it started without me doing anything. I only had to drive a few blocks and then shut the vehicle off. After 15 min I came back out to start my Jeep and nothing... I just had a new battery and starter installed about 4 months ago. After approximately 20 min and trying to start it several times, it turned on. There were no problems w the lights or ac.. I took it to an auto parts store and they hooked it up to the machine, battery, starter, and alternator were all reading good. It started fine for the rest of the day, however when I went to leave work that night, it took a few tries and about 5 min. I also had over half a tank of gas so that's not an issue. I started researching and found many similar cases. I am supposed to take my Jeep on a 13 hour trip next month and now I am very nervous that I will end up stranded while on vacation. The fact that I found so many other Jeep owners experiencing almost identical problems has left me very upset and nervous every time I need to go somewhere. I also have 2 young children and it worries me to end up stranded somewhere with them. I hope Jeep does something about this. I have had mine for 3 years and have loved it thus far. I'm not in a position to get a new vehicle at the moment so I hope this problem is fixed asap.

- Belleville , IL, USA

Apr 242013

Commander 8-cyl

I have had to return this car several times. Too many times to be exact.

- Westfield , IN, USA

May 292013

Commander 8-cyl

The engine warning light was been on and off for the last 2 years. We have changed-out O2 sensors and other fixes but the problem persisted. The issue was discovered by the local Jeep dealership: Four of the bolts attaching the manifold onto the hemi 5.7L engine of our Commander were broken. The bolts and exhaust manifold gasket are being replaced - $642 cost.

- San Jose, CA, USA