3.1

2007 Jeep Commander fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Jeep Commander:

2007 Jeep Commander Owner Comments

May 182015

Commander

My Jeep has been giving me problems. I drove it to birmingham, ala for 3 trips and the gas mileage declined each time ( 19-17-13) mile to the gallon. The Jeep also started shaking and trying to stop, especially when stopped at a red light and standing still. I took the Jeep to chris myers in daphne, al to see what the problem was. I left it for 2 days and gave them complaints of smelling gas when starting the engine, shaking at idle, and low gas mileage. They did the diagnostic check and found multiple cyl misfire. Found spark plugs fouled and trash in the fuel rail. They replaced spark plugs & cleaned fuel rail. It was $607.12. I drove the Jeep home and several days later it did the same thing, stopping when at regular speed almost having an accident. I called the manager he stated to bring it back & would recheck it, but I would have to pay for repairs. He also stated it was the fuel I was using, I have a truck which uses the same gas & have no problem with it. Could they not find the problem. I did not take it back because they were rude and I live 30 miles from the dealer. I did not feel safe driving the Jeep. The engine light came on and I took the Jeep to a local auto mechanic & after the test he found 2 of the O2 sensors were clogged, probably from the fuel line being cleaned. He repaired this, the Jeep still ran poorly and stopping when at idle speed. He checked the computer and found it was not working properly. He kept the Jeep for about a week and told me he would not let it go because he felt it was unsafe to drive, until all was properly working.I think I was ripped off by the first job since it was not working properly wen the first job was done. I think I should have a refund on the first job. I did not have a warranty because when the extended warranty ran I called chris myers 3-4 times and did not get call back from them

- Foley, AL, USA

Apr 222015

Commander

The car stops when it wants rather if I'm in traffic, stop sign, red light, or interstate.. the wheel and the brakes will lock up. I've been calling Chrysler the 1800 number and local dealerships such as picayune ms and slidell la about the situation but nobody seems to care!!! they said the parts isn't in and that its the ignition switch so I payed out of my pockets for the ignition switch and got it put on with the money that I didn't have to spare but obviously that wasn't the problem.. now my car engine is making raggling and tractor noises. Barely want to start.. basically I don't have transportation to or from work and school for the fall!!!!!!!!! thanks a lot Chrysler...

- Picayune, MS, USA

Jun 222014

Commander

Multiple occurrences of the ignition being turned off while driving. I have learned not to hang anything from the key while driving because it is too easy for a knee to bump the key and turn off the car. It has happened to me four times at freeway speeds. It should be fixed before someone gets hurt or worse.

- Seal Beach, CA, USA

Feb 082013

Commander 6-cyl

Vehicle would not start. Message on dash states "transmission over temp".

- Centennial, CO, USA