2007 Jeep Commander lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Jeep Commander:

2007 Jeep Commander Owner Comments

Dec 282015

While driving my 2007 Jeep Commander, it will shut off. Other times the lights will flicker off and car seems to stall. This problem happens without any warning. It is very scary to be driving on the interstate and the car just stops!!! I have four children that I drive around, so this can not happen! I have read where there have been many complaints about this and nothing has been done. That is unacceptable because lives are at risk. I'm taking the vehicle in for the ignition switch recall, but I have read where that has not fixed the issue I am having.

- Slidell, LA, USA

Aug 032015

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Commander. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the entire instrument panel illuminated and the vehicle overheated. The failure occurred several times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure mileage and VIN were unknown.

- New Roads, LA, USA

Mar 112015

Commander 4WD 8-cyl

I was driving down the road and I noticed my back up assist lights flashing. Next thing I noticed was my RPM and mph gauges were moving together and bouncing between 0-30 mph. The turn signal on the car is intermittent while this is happening and the radio also is intermittent. This is happening at least once a day now. I've also had the vehicle sh*t off on me when coming to a stop. I'm not sure if this issue goes with the electrical issues that have popped up. I'm waiting for my part from the dealership for quite a while now.

- Canton, GA, USA

Jan 292014

Commander 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Commander. The contact stated that the turn signals failed to disengage. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was found that the multi -switch needed to be replaced. The vehicle was being repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 48,000..updated 03/18/14 the consumer stated the part was on back order. Updated 03/31/14

- Port Jefferson, NY, USA

Jan 082013

Commander 6-cyl

My 2006 Jeep Commander V-6 is showing esp, bas codes as well as disabling back up assist, traction control stays off, the ABS light, and some times it wont click into gear, drive or reverse. And it is miss firing on cylinder number four. Also all the lights dim and flicker.

- Acton, ME, USA

Sep 292010

Commander 8-cyl

I have a 2007 Jeep Commander. The right rear tail light and inside dashboard panel has been consistency going out for over a year now. The fuses keep blowing. The car has been in the dealer service department several times. Even after lengthy consults with engineers at Chrysler, they cannot fix the problem. Maybe they need to get high on marijuana and drink beer to find the problem. The car is currently in the shop again.

- Little Rock, AR, USA

Feb 012010

Right tail light on my 2007 Jeep Commander keeps going out. Dealership service told me that the tipm system kept blowing the fuse. I had replaced the fuse several times but the tail lights keep going out. I have actually pulled up behind other Commander at red lights and noticed that the same light was out on their vehicle as well. You need to look into this. One doesn't expect to have the taillight keep going out after replacing bulbs and fuses.

- Little Rock, AR, USA