2.5

2007 Jeep Commander seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Jeep Commander:

2007 Jeep Commander Owner Comments

May 242016

Commander

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Commander. When latching a booster seat on the third row driver side seat, the latching system failed. The seat belt unlatched while driving. The VIN was unknown. The approximate failure mileage was 116,000.

- Willow Wood, OH, USA

Jan 222014

Commander

Third row seat belts are inoperable. They broke when we folded down third row seats.

- Holly Springs, NC, USA

Feb 112014

Commander

On 2/11/14 took vehicle into the Chrysler dealership because of the starter motor not working properly and it had turned off while I was driving on several occasions. They had to replace the starter motor and I had to pay for it. After this the air bag light went on and I would think this is a safety issue and I should not had to pay for any of this. But I did. They told me they had to replace a short in the harness part #5143387aa. Also, the said the driver seat belt was causing air bag light to go on. This was a defect. I believe that if these are recalls and safety issues from Chrysler and I had to pay for them I would think that Chrysler should reimburse me for taking care of these problems before something bad really happened. I am always maintaining my vehicle and I am very glad that I have taken care of these problems. I would appreciate a email back and hopefully a refund for paying for something that should have been a recall. I have all of my records and receipts if you need copies. Thank you

- Prescott, AZ, USA

Aug 082013

Commander 6-cyl

The 3rd row seat belt do not retract when the seats are being folded down which causes the seat belts to become jammed and tearing the seats, also when fixed, the seat belt will become locked in place causing a person to become stuck in the seatbelt, a very serious problem in case of an accident, this person would not be able to get out of his/her seat. This is a defect from Jeep and should be fixed at Jeep expense. Jeep customer service told me that they had no previous complaints, but I found out that there are several complaints about the seat belts.

- Three Rivers, MI, USA

Apr 172012

Commander 6-cyl Diesel

Car stalls when driving down the road. The drnp dash lights all light up at the same time and the car shuts down for a couple seconds, then it resumes. It has happened several times randomly in the past. Today, it stalled 3 times on the highway on my home from work. I had to pull over and restart the car. The check engine light finally came on today. The seatbelts also have broken several times. I've replaced 2 separate seatbelt cases (the outer cover) in the past year. The middle, second row seatbelt is locked up and currently unusable. When I bought the car, the first time I put up the 3rd row seat, the seatbelt was crushed by the seat and broken. And, the back seatbelt is currently broken again (which I have only used the 3rd row seats twice since owning the car), I plan to have them repair it again when I take the car in to get the check engine light checked :(

- Cassel, CA, USA

Aug 282012

Commander

3rd row seat belt on passenger side never worked. The seat belt wouldn't lock in. Now my 2nd row middle seat belt will not unlock to pull out and buckle.

- Blue Springs, MO, USA

Jul 012011

Commander

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Commander. The contact stated that the seat belt located on the passenger side, third row locked while pulling it out and it would not come out completely. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who diagnosed that the seat belt mechanism was defective and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The vehicle identification number was not available. The failure and current mileage was 45,000.

- Hatboro , PA, USA

May 312010

Commander

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Commander. The contact stated the vehicle was parked when she began to adjust the third row seating. While adjusting the seating, one of the seat belt buckles shattered. The vehicle was not taken to have the failure diagnosed or repaired. Approximately one year later, the failure recurred on the second third row seat belt buckle. Again, the vehicle was not taken to have the failure diagnosed or repaired. The failure mileage was unknown and the current mileage was 75,000.

- Orange, TX, USA

Jan 152011

Commander

Third row seat belt buckles plastic cover slide into the seat while the buckle internals are exposed, rendering the seatbelt in operable.

- Roseland, NJ, USA

Dec 122007

Commander

I drive a Jeep Commander and the third row seat belt has been broken since I bought the vehicle it has been replaced once and it still does not work the seat belt will not pull out to buckle up my child, the dealer says the seat is not lining up with the vehicle...

- Dardanelle, AR, USA