2.8

2008 Jeep Commander brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Jeep Commander:

2008 Jeep Commander Owner Comments

Jun 032015

Commander

My 2008 Jeep Commander sport 4X4 has been running fine. I parked the Jeep, but it in park and turned it off. When I come back 3 hours later my car does not start. I was able to unlock my car by using the remote, and the lights turned on when I opened the door. I put the key in turned it and the car would not make a single noise, and "damaged key" prompts on the dash and quickly disappears. I needed to move my car so I was able to get a jump bc of the position the car was in. I put my foot on the break and tried to put it in neutral and it would not let me. My friend was able to position his truck to jump start mine. Again, nothing worked.

- Washington, DC, USA

Dec 232014

Commander 6-cyl

On December 23rd 2014, I was on the highway with my family. As we pulled into a rest area, the Jeep ignition cut off. We were able to coast into a parking spot and when we tried to restart the Jeep, we kept getting a key bad error. My wife had her key with her, so we tried hers as well and got the same result. We ended up getting towed to the Jeep dealer and ended up having to have the ignition module replaced.

- Savannah, GA, USA

Jun 192013

Commander 8-cyl

The car starts on it's own without a key!! it does not have remote start, but I will be walking away from my parked shut off car or up in my kitchen and hear my car sounding like the pedal is down to the medal. It's not just running, it sounds like it is going to blow-up! it's happened 5 times, most recently 2 days ago. It sounds like somebody is racing the engine but it's in park and the car was off. Sometimes it's hours later, other times within 20 min of shut off. It scares me that it will start driving or catch fire in my garage!! the car literally turns itself on!! and it's not just electrical because the engine is running!! I has 65000 miles and started acting weird around 20000 when the electrical system would shut off while I was driving. Car would just shift down mid-drive. It was scaring me that my car's engine would shift itself down D/to the electrical systems. Now it's on and off on it's own!! please help!!

- San Diego , CA, USA

May 162013

Commander 8-cyl

I was driving to pick up my kids from school around 2:30 that afternoon. When coming up to a green light I was making a right turn and everything locked up in mid turn. Good thhing no one was in front of me or I would have hit them. There was a gas station on the right & because I was going 10 miles an hour before it locked up I was able to coast into the gas station. It scared me so much bacause I had no control. I had a half a tank left so I know it wasnt because of gas. I have had other issue too like all of the warning lights coming on at once. Troubles after I start it the car will drop down to 1st gear. When its set on auto. Know one at dealership can find anything wrong with it. Im so scare its going to lock up again on me and cause a wreck & I have 3 kids so im scare they will be in car when it happens again.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Sep 122012

Commander

The contact owns a 2008 Jeep Commander. The contact stated that while driving approximately 30 mph, the electronic stability program light illuminated as the vehicle stalled. The contact merged to the shoulder of the road and restarted the vehicle. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and advised the contact that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 08V059000 (visibility:windshield wiper/washer). The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure and current failure mileage was unknown.

- Detroit, MI, USA