2008 Jeep Commander electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Jeep Commander:

2008 Jeep Commander Owner Comments (Page 4 of 8)

Jun 112015

Commander 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Jeep Commander. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V567000 (electrical system); however, the part was unavailable to perform the repairs. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 8/6/15 updated 08/111/5

- Houston , TX, USA

Jun 042015

Commander

The contact owns a 2008 Jeep Commander. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V567000 (electrical system); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Denver, CO, USA

Jun 012015

Commander

The contact owns a 2008 Jeep Commander. The contact stated that the engine would not start. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the ignition switch was faulty. The parts were not available to repair the vehicle. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V567000 (electrical system), but no recall notice was received. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unavailable.

- Hawthorne, NJ, USA

Jun 032015

Commander

My 2008 Jeep Commander sport 4X4 has been running fine. I parked the Jeep, but it in park and turned it off. When I come back 3 hours later my car does not start. I was able to unlock my car by using the remote, and the lights turned on when I opened the door. I put the key in turned it and the car would not make a single noise, and "damaged key" prompts on the dash and quickly disappears. I needed to move my car so I was able to get a jump bc of the position the car was in. I put my foot on the break and tried to put it in neutral and it would not let me. My friend was able to position his truck to jump start mine. Again, nothing worked.

- Washington, DC, USA

Apr 152015

Commander

The contact owns a 2008 Jeep Commander. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start without warning. The vehicle was towed to a dealer. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number:14V567000 (electrical system) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 100,000. The VIN was not available.

- Hawthorne, NJ, USA

Sep 132014

Commander 4WD 6-cyl

2008 Jeep Commander. Consumer seeks reimbursement for ignition switch recall notice repairs.

- Croton-On-Hudson, NY, USA

Jul 172013

Commander

2008 Jeep Commander, engine would repeatedly shut down while driving. It would happened at all speeds, from pulling out to driving on the highway. I received the safety recall P57/NHTSA 14V-567 over six months ago which stated "Chrysler is making every effort to provide the part as quickly as possible". this is an extremely dangerous problem that could end up killing somebody if it hasn't already. It is unacceptable that Chrysler can operate in this manner and take this long to fix the problem. It appears they could care less about the customers safety and that they are not taking the recall seriously.

- Pawleys Island, SC, USA

May 302014

Commander

The contact owns a 2008 Jeep Commander. While driving at various speeds, the vehicle lost power. In addition, the accelerator pedal was depressed but the vehicle failed to accelerate and the engine warning light illuminated. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V567000 (electrical system); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 119,000.

- Wakefield, MA, USA

Sep 152014

Commander

The contact owns a 2008 Jeep Commander. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V567000 (electrical system); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Hutchins, TX, USA

Jul 152014

Commander

The contact owns a 2008 Jeep Commander. While driving at approximately 40 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. In addition, the contact stated that the vehicle failed to start intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V567000 (electrical system); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 48,000.

- Charlestown , MA, USA

Nov 102014

Commander

The contact owns a 2008 Jeep Commander. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V567000 (electrical system); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Olive Branch , MS, USA

Nov 142014

Commander 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Jeep Commander. The contact stated that the repair for NHTSA campaign number: 14V567000 (electrical system) exceeded a reasonable amount of time. The manufacturer was not made aware of the delay. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 7/21/15 updated 9/22/2015

- Rock Springs, WY, USA

Jan 212009

Commander 6-cyl

2008 Jeep Commander. Consumer writes in regards to not receiving reimbursement for ignition switch recall repairs. The wireless ignition node was replaced.

- Columbus, GA, USA

Oct 012014

Commander

The contact owns a 2008 Jeep Commander. The contact stated that when driving 40 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was able to be restarted however, the failure recurred. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 30,000.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

Apr 072015

Commander

The contact owns a 2008 Jeep Commander. While driving at various speeds, the vehicle would suddenly shut off. After restarting the engine, the vehicle would operate normally. The contact indicated that the failure occurred on multiple occasions. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but the cause of the failure was not determined. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 70,000. Updated 6/11/15

- Stone Mountain, GA, USA

Nov 102014

- Midland, TX, USA

Feb 012015

Commander

2008 Jeep Commander. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle stalling. The consumer noticed on hot day, when the gas was 1/4 or less, it would stall. The consumer installed a heat insulator on the fuel rail and replaced the fuel cap. However, in February when it was 45 degrees and the tank was 3/4 full, the vehicle stalled. Several months later, the consumer received recall # 14V567000. However, the parts were not available.

- Pueblo, CO, USA

May 012015

Commander 4WD 6-cyl

On 1 May 2015 I drove my 2008 Jeep Commander on errands, making several stops. Returning to the vehicle after my last errand, it refused to start when the ignition key was properly inserted and turned. After several attempts and noticing that the dashboard indicator lights, interior lights, headlights and electric windows all functioned properly, I concluded there was a starter or alternator problem. I had the tow truck operator attempt to jump the vehicle just in case it was the battery, which it was not, and was subsequently towed 30 miles home at the cost of $175. The next morning, I wondered if something could be amiss with the electronic key fob. I tried the spare key and the car started immediately. I then tried my original key again and the car also started. We did receive a ignition switch recall notice from Chrysler in the fall of 2014 that indicated we would be notified when parts became available, so I called their 1-800 number for an update. Chrysler cannot provide any specific time frame for when the replacement parts will be available. The only thing they will do is add your email to the "special notification list" so that you will receive an email when the parts are available rather than waiting for a physical letter to arrive via usps. I now have to drive this vehicle knowing that it could shut down while I am driving and cause an accident - presumably with disabled air bags due to the ignition being "off" - or strand me by not starting. As a biologist, I do research in some pretty inaccessible places, so this is a huge safety issue for me. Chrysler should be compelled to engineer a fix and make it available now!

- Berkeley Springs, WV, USA

Apr 092015

Commander 4WD 6-cyl

I was notified of the manufacturer recall late 2014, I took it to the local dealership at that time and was advised that they did not have the parts in and that they would be in at some point this year. I asked what the actual risk was they explained the biggest risk was associated with the engine shutting off while driving and was advised to remove my keys off of my key fobs. On April 9, 2015, I parked my car turned the ignition off and then realize that there was a window down. At that point I attempted to restart the car to roll up the window and there was no power. After having the car towed to a local shop and being told they couldn't bring up anything on the computer because the electrical system was shut down, the vehicle was transported to local dealership where they identified that the win module or the wireless ignition node was defective. Now, I have been without a vehicle since that time and they are reporting that the replacement parts will be expected around May 14 of this year however ever since April 16, I have been getting different dates every single time I talk to the dealership. I believe Chrysler has exceeded a fair amount of time to replace this since they knew about it in the summer of 2014 and they have failed to provide a quality replacement part for their product. I have been in contact with both the local dealership and the 1-800 number for Chrysler(888) 327-4236 and they continue to pass me around and inform me that I'm welcome to rent-A-car and have been offered the dealerships discount. Further, they report that they are not sure when the replacement parts will be available but I will be notified as soon as they are.

- Springfield , OR, USA

Apr 272015

Commander 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Jeep Commander. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V567000 (electrical system); however, the part needed to do the repair was still not available. The contact felt that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 7/1/15 updated 07/09/15

- Whiting, NJ, USA