2010 Jeep Commander brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Jeep Commander:

2010 Jeep Commander Owner Comments

Nov 202014

Commander 6-cyl

While driving out to my parent's with my daughters my Jeep just shut down, {stalled} while going 50-55 mph. Lost power steering and brakes, had to shift into neutral and re start. This happened four more times in the next 8.4 miles. After dropping of my kids my husband followed me to the dealership to drop it off. About 9 miles away, and it shut down 6 more times at various speeds. Dealer does not know what's wrong and is waiting until Monday to get a response from Chrysler head quarters.

- Charleston, SC, USA

Jun 202014

Commander 8-cyl

In continuation of my previous complaint 10563803 since the N23 recall disabled the 4 low in the transfer case of my Jeep, Jeep has been attempting to repair it. The most recent repair was completed on 6/19 and per the dealer Jeep had them hard wire circuits T313 and K594 on my vehicle. While traveling at 75 mph the warning indicators for both the traction control system and the electronic stability program lit. Shutting the vehicle off and restarting did not clear the issue. I believe that both of these system are mandated by NHTSA in 75% of all vehicles sold in this model year and it appears that Jeep is compromising these systems in an attempt to fix a related problem.

- Aurora, CO, USA

Feb 082014

After having safety recall N23 / NHTSA 13V-175 performed, my vehicle's transfer case no longer shifts as it should, preventing the vehicle from shifting into neutral or 4 low. I do not trust that the stability control system will function correctly now as it is my understanding that this same system adjusts the torque to the front and rear axles as needed.

- Aurora, CO, USA