5.1

2007 Jeep Compass accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Jeep Compass:

2007 Jeep Compass Owner Comments

Dec 022015

Compass

I have been experiencing a problem with my car cutting off, especially while stopped at a red light more often than not on local roadways. If it doesn't completely shut off the sensation to cut off is definitely felt. I originally thought it was the spark plugs and had those replaced, however, the situation continues to persist. I have been told on one or more occasions it may be the fuel pump. I was recommended I take my vehicle directly to the dealership. The other issue that is also very pronounced is the noise my engine makes while idling. It can best described as a loud whirling sound but not quite a rattle. I have never heard my car sound so noisy. I have noticed perhaps in the last 6 months the windshield wipers come on involuntarily without me engaging their use. I have searched Jeep's website regarding any recall information on these aforementioned issues but to no avail.

- Sunrise, FL, USA

Jun 012015

Compass

1. fuel pump started arching and nozzle to hose was coming loose-smelt gas while in motion, gas gauge started dropping dramatically 2. horn stopped working-while driving I tried to warn another vehicle who was trying to back out while I was behind them, luckily they heard me yelling 3. back windshield wiper stopped working while in motion trying to back out in the rain 4. struts went 5. rotors went 6. cross member-noticed while driving and took 2 weeks before dealership could get my appointment right to get it taken care of since it was recalled 7. tipm is going. Lost power to 2/2 outlets in the vehicle. 8. cv axle is going. Sounds really bad and sounds like both passenger and driver side. Treated this vehicle with lots of care and so did previous owner. This tells me this is not a reliable vehicle and a safe vehicle I can drive my daughter in.

- Brooklyn, WI, USA

May 022014

Compass

The wipers have stopped working took it to a dealer shop and was told it was the tipm modular which after looking into it is a common problem with these vehicles this is a pricey fix and should have a recall on this.

- Baltimore, OH, USA

Dec 142013

Compass 4-cyl

While in bad weather conditions, wipers totally stopped working. Electrical issue. Car cannot be driven in rain conditions.

- Houghton Lake, MI, USA