2007 Jeep Compass miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Jeep Compass:

2007 Jeep Compass Owner Comments

Nov 022015

The front cross member rusted through and the engine dropped, while driving but the car was at a stop. Also the rear cross member is also broken

- Aurora, WV, USA

Oct 192015

I received a letter in the mail in regards to an ignition switch issue so I went to different dealers to try to get it fixed but no one has been able to see me to fix the issue and I was told until March 2016 there would be more parts coming in and to come back during that time.

- Houston, TX, USA

Dec 012014

Approximately 9 months ago the horn on my 2007 Jeep Compass began sounding at random. It was disconnected and in 2014 it was taken to the Jeep dealership (atlantic auto group, northfield NJ). I was told it was the horn pad and they would order the part. A few days later I was told the part was on back order and would be in at the end of January. From there I was continuously told it was on back order until now June 12th 2015 when I was told there are over 30,000 on back order and estimated ship time in August 23rd 2015 (as per atlantic auto). Needless to say I contacted Chrysler who told me they are switching manufacturers and do not have any timeline as to when this part will be in. I currently still do not have a horn and have been offered no help in the matter other than looking in a salvage yard for another one. I drive around with 2 young children in my car everyday and I am extremely concerned about how this situation is being handled especially since it seems I am not the only one (30,000 on back order) !!

- Mays Landing, NJ, USA

Aug 092010

I bought my 2007 Jeep Compass brand new. I never off-road and I try to drive cautiously avoiding pot holes. I was hearing this weird noise and brought it in to a dealership today. They told me I need to replace the lower control arm costing me several hundred dollars. After searching on the web and seeing all the similar complaints I am convinced this should be a recall. Jeep needs to do something this is not right. This is a repair that should not be needed on such new vehicles.

- Humble , TX, USA