2009 Jeep Compass miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Jeep Compass:

2009 Jeep Compass Owner Comments

May 122009

The drain in the sunroof is defective. There are a lot of complaints on the internet of this problem. I constantly "clear the drain as told by the car dealership" but the drain still leaks while you are driving and this becomes a major distraction. The water is dripping from my overhead lights down into my gear shifter. This is a major distraction to me because it takes my attention away from my driving while I am focusing on trying to stop it from leaking all over mechanics in my vehicle and also trying to keep it from shorting out my electrical system. You can't ignore it because it is right in front of you dripping while you are driving!

- West Deptford, NJ, USA

Jun 162014

Compass 4-cyl

My 2009 Jeep Compass overheats on long trips. It does a high pitched whining noise and then it slows down to 40 mph and will not allow you to go faster. This is very bad when you are on interstate 5 with no way to pull over and grandchildren in the car. Very dangerous. This has happened 3 times. I took it to the dealership yesterday and they found "nothing wrong". they could not "duplicate" the problem which I told them of course they can't duplicate it they aren't traveling on a long trip. I googled it and I see that it is a known problem with the Jeep Compass that the dealerships are not acknowledging. It has to do with the cvt transmission and can not be fixed. These cars need to be recalled before someone dies or is injured.

- Hathaway Pines, CA, USA