5.8

2011 Jeep Compass steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Jeep Compass:

2011 Jeep Compass Owner Comments

Feb 082016

Compass

The contact owns a 2011 Jeep Compass. While parking, the instrument panel lights turned off and the horn malfunctioned without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the steering wheel Compass modular was defective and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Temple, GA, USA

Sep 142014

Compass

Pls use this complaint Jeep Compass 4X2 year 2011, today, Sunday, Sept. 14, 2014, I heard a noise bottom of my Jeep and found a long metal piece manufacture sticker cvt transmission use only Chrysler. It was a metal pipe transmission oil filler tube, hanging on the bottom of my car, dragging on the ground, while I was driving. I took pictures it has a hole in the metal tube. It started with the steering wheel becoming very loose and requiring to turn more than usual to the right or left, which may be caused from a different recall (components: Steering: Column, NHTSA campaign : 11V-315), I was never informed about this steering wheel recall. When I safely returned home, on internet noticed different Chrysler forums, ppl same issue Jeep Compass. I notice a recall Wrangler with 3.6-liter V-6 engines), having the same exact issue as I experienced with my Jeep Compass. So, I called Chrysler group llc recall dept. 800-247-9753 today Sept. 14 2014. No recall for Compass. Recall for Wrangler with 3.6-liter V-6 engines. Frustrated my 3 year warranty ended last month Aug. 2014. Tomorrow, morning, tow truck Jeep, to local Jeep dealership and pay out of pocket. Chrysler recall dept. Said keep receipts if more people complain then there may be a recall just like the Wrangler. The recall issue is exactly what happened to me.(per the Wrangler recall solution: (Wrangler with 3.6-liter V-6 engines, Chrysler says a power steering fluid line can wear a hole in the transmission oil cooler line. The SUVS can leak fluid, damaging automatic transmissions. Dealers will inspect the lines for free and replace them or install a protective sleeve. The recall begins in July 2013.) recalling 221,000 Jeep Wrangler worldwide from 2012 and 2013 to fix transmission fluid leaks, according to NHTSA.

- Porter Ranch, CA, USA

Sep 142014

Compass 4-cyl

It starts with the steering wheel is loose and at first we had no idea what was going on. This issue I have with my Jeep Compass 4X2 year 2011, is the same exact recall on the Jeep Wrangler stated below: I called Chrysler group llc, 800-247-9753 today Sept. 14 2014. I spoke with the recall dept. They said the Compass, at this time does not have this recall. Only the Wrangler below, which has the same exact issue as I do. So, I have to tow truck my Jeep tomorrow morning, to my local Jeep dealership, service dept and pay out of pocket. Chrysler recall dept said keep my receipts if more ppl complain then there may be a recall just like the Wrangler has below. This is exactly what happened to me>>>>> but this is Wrangler, not my Jeep Compass. Per the Wrangler recall solution: (Wrangler with 3.6-liter V-6 engines, Chrysler says a power steering fluid line can wear a hole in the transmission oil cooler line. The SUVS can leak fluid, damaging automatic transmissions. Dealers will inspect the lines for free and replace them or install a protective sleeve. The recall begins in July 2013.) it's also recalling 221,000 Jeep Wrangler worldwide from 2012 and 2013 to fix transmission fluid leaks, according to documents posted Thursday on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website. I am frustrated because my 3 year warranty just ended last month Aug. 2014. I researched on the internet and read a lot of other people encountering the same issue.

- Porter Ranch, CA, USA

Nov 212012

Compass

I left work from downtown pittsburgh at 4:15 pm, and while crossing outbound on the vetrans bridge, my Jeep turned itself off. The steering became extremely tough, and I was barely able to get to the side of the road. I turned off the Jeep, turned it back on, and thankfully it started again. If traffic was moving faster, like it usually does, I would have caused a wreck.

- Gibsonia, PA, USA

Jul 222011

Compass

The contact owns a 2011 Jeep Compass. The contact stated that while driving approximately 35 mph, the steering column seized and the vehicle unexpectedly stalled. The engine restarted and resumed normally. The failure occurred on three different occasions. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer, where they were unable to duplicate the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 1,000.

- Hot Springs , AR, USA

Jun 012011

Compass 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Jeep Compass. The contact stated that the steering wheel would pull hard toward the right when driving at various speeds. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostics. The technicians stated that the failure was caused by a combination of the nature of the front wheel drive vehicle and driver inexperience. The technicians adjusted the camber yet the failure continued after the adjustment. The vehicle was not further repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 65. Updated 07/20/11 the consumer also stated the transmission failed to change gears. There was a whining sound and it felt as though, it was straining to change gears. The failure resulted in a loss of power necessary to merge safely from one lane of traffic to another. The consumer stated the vehicle lost all power. The vehicle struggled to re-start, but eventually it did. The check engine light illuminated afterwards. Updated 11/21/11

- Tuscaloosa, AL, USA