2012 Jeep Compass accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Jeep Compass:

2012 Jeep Compass Owner Comments

Dec 182013

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Compass. The contact stated that the front driver and passenger side seat was defective and the covering for the area under the seat became detached. The vehicle was taken for repairs three times however, the failure was recurring. The contact was concerned because the failure was causing difficulty in securing the seat belt. The failure mileage was 16,000. The VIN was not available.

- Lumberport, WV, USA

Aug 082012

Compass 4-cyl

While driving at 70 mph on I 90, I adjusted my posture, slightly elevating my hips and leaning back against the seatback, whereupon the seatback suddenly collapsed backward, leaving me looking at the ceiling. Fortunately I was virtually alone on the road and was able to quickly recover my upright position without loss of control. I stopped and examined the seatback adjustment and discovered that the seatbelt had intruded between the seat and the adjustment lever in such a way that my upward motion disengaged the lever so that my backward pressure allowed the seat to recline.

- Coeur D'alene, ID, USA