3.0

2012 Jeep Compass engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Jeep Compass:

2012 Jeep Compass Owner Comments

Oct 192015

Compass

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Compass. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 20 mph, the vehicle decelerated independently without warning. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the electronic throttle control needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 26,000.

- Winchester, MA, USA

Mar 162015

Compass

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Compass. The contact stated that while driving approximately 30 mph, when the accelerator pedal was engaged, the vehicle failed to accelerate as the electronic throttle control warning light illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 75,000.

- North Brookefield, MA, USA

Mar 302014

Compass 4-cyl

Trying to stop at a red light applied brakes, Jeep decided it wanted to keep going, I had to put it in neutral and stop. While in neutral engine revved to 4,000 rpms.

- Wakefield, RI, USA

Mar 182014

Compass 4-cyl

I have a 2012 Jeep Compass sport, since July 2013 I have been having sputtering, surging, acceleration issues. I have taken to dealer over 3 times it is in dealer currently. They have put a tracker on to find issue and still nothing. When I try to accelerate and it gets bogged down and does not want to go any further this is a concern. Especially when I am entering highway and cannot get past 59mph with the car. It feels like I am in a windtunnel the low acceleration is insane. Sometimes it feels like it does not want to shift. Sometimes it takes 4-10 minutes just to get to 60 mph. I have to stay on the gas hard just to get it to go anywhere most of the time. I have had in dealer multiple times and they just say well we are not sure. Two weeks ago I was getting on highway and my car just stayed at 59 mph and 1.5 rpms. And would go no further it did this for 4 + miles on highway. I had horns honking at me and I was just waiting to get pulled over for going to slow. Sounds and feels like a transmission issue. I understand its a 4 cylinder. But it drove great and wonderfully smooth the first year, then a weird idle started to occur randomly, then a little surge when leaving stop signs/lights, it squeaks and creaks when making turns and creaks loudly going over bumps. I want someone to figure out what is going on with this. Chrysler seems to be ignoring every complaint and call I have made. I have contact Jeep via email at least 3 times. No answers at all. Someone help me figure this issue out. I just want a safe vehicle that does not want to stall at every take off from a stop.

- Piedmont, OK, USA