9.0

2013 Jeep Compass body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Jeep Compass:

2013 Jeep Compass Owner Comments

Apr 042013

Compass

I rented a 2013 Jeep Compass from enterprise in houston. While exiting the vehicle, the shoe on my left foot snagged on an obstruction on the left side of the floorboard. While freeing my foot, I inadvertently unlatched the hood. I failed to notice the hood was unlatched until I was on the interstate and traveling 70 mph and noticed the hood was loose. The safety latch keep the hood closed until I was able to slow down and exit the freeway. My inspection of the hood latch release lever shows that it stands proud of the plastic side panel by approximately 3/8". it is easily snagged by a shoe while exiting the vehicle. The release operates by pulling it horizontally to the rear of the vehicle and unless you hear the hood unlatch, there is no warning until you are driving fast enough to notice the hood bouncing. A failure of the safety latch could result in the hood flying open against the windshield and possibly causing a wreck.

- Thibodaux, LA, USA