2014 Jeep Compass body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Jeep Compass:

2014 Jeep Compass Owner Comments

May 172013

Compass 4-cyl

Purchased a new 2014 Jeep Compass, and 2 days after purchasing on my way home I set cruise control and let my foot off the pedal. When I moved my left foot closer to my seat, my shoe triggered the hood release latch. The hood popped up a few inches, and if the under hood safety wasn't there the hood could have opened completely. Same thing happened 4-5 days later, while driving down the interstate. The way the latch protrudes near the pedals is the cause for the multiple times I've accidentally triggered the hood release.

- Sanford, FL, USA