2014 Jeep Compass brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Jeep Compass:

2014 Jeep Compass Owner Comments

Jul 012016

I purchase a 2014 Jeep Compass in 2015..has a little over 13,000 miles on it.. I have taken to Jeep dealership 3 time about the brakes.. the first time after I had it, , they kept it for 3 days..everytime you step on brakes it made a whistle sound..with that when you step on the accelerate to do it made a noise also...said they I take it in again the same sound in the brake..this time they oil it and okay...again I take it in..this time they said it was comming from back tire area..but it had something to do with brakes..they said they was doing me a favor by fixing again something is wrong with my brakes..I'm am so afraid I am going to get in a accident. Its making the same noise when they kept it for 3 days...please warn other about Jeep Compass brakes...don't know what else to do...took 3 times, no satifaction

- Charlotte, NC, USA

May 132016

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Compass. After the vehicle was started, the ABS and electronic stability control activation malfunction warning lights illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 31,000.

- Olla, LA, USA

May 012016

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Compass. While driving approximately 45 mph, the vehicle suddenly shut off and the brakes failed. The contact's vehicle crashed into the rear of a second vehicle. There were no injuries and a police report was not filed. The cause of the failure was not diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- San Diago, CA, USA

Oct 302015

My Jeep is currently back at the dealership for the second time because the ESC turns off/on own its own. The first time this happened, the ABS and check engine lights came on and stayed on. The dealership said it was a faulty sensor and replaced it. Now a few months later it is doing the same thing again, and now the windshield wipers come on when I use the left/right turn signals, turn the headlights on, and sometimes just driving down the road. I do not feel safe driving this vehicle. The dealership service manager stated to my husband that its not safe for the vehicle do this. However, the dealership says that the vehicle does not display an error code, and they cannot recreate these issues. Vehicle also makes a grinding noise when turning and the steering feels very vague and bouncy. These issues happen randomly during both city and highway driving. My Jeep is a 2014 Compass, fwd, 5-speed manual transmission. It has been at the dealership for over a week this time. The ESC issue is a safety issue, as well as, the wipers. It seems to be an electrical issue and makes me wonder if the airbags, ABS, cruise control, etc. Are at risk of failure to operate properly.

- Sumter, SC, USA

Jun 112014

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Compass. While driving at various speeds, the brake pedal was depressed and an unusual squeaky noise emitted continuously. On separate occasions, the transmission exhibited a violent jerk. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who was unable to locate the failure. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 10.

- Brownsville, TX, USA

Aug 082014

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Compass. When the vehicle was started and the brake was activated, the brake emitted an abnormal sound without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that condensation caused the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure recurred numerous times. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 18,000.

- Topeka, KS, USA

Aug 042014

Compass 4-cyl

Vehicle began making loud squeaking noises at 6,000 miles. I have brought it to the dealer 3 times for the issue and every time they claim it is the nature of the vehicle. There are two different squeaks: 1) when I take my foot off the pedal (seems to be from the front) and 2) when I put my car in reverse (seems to be from the back). The dealer simply insists there is nothing they can do.

- Irvine, CA, USA

Mar 072015

I was slowly pulling into a parking space in front of local pharmacy. As I was about to put the SUV into park the vehicle suddenly accelerated with my foot on the brake and then jumped two curbstones and went across the front entrance to the store and then hit a parked Toyota SUV and pushed the vehicle back four feet and then finally came to a stop.

- Franklin, MA, USA

Sep 012014

Squeaky brakes and acceleration problems. When I have a need for speed, the car down shifts and then accelerates is the best description I can give.

- Lucerne, CA, USA

Feb 052014

Vehicle purchased from larry H. miller car sales, on February 2nd,2014. A new Jeep Compass 2014. The third day after purchase I took the vehicle in to report problems with the vehicle. 1: a loud noise in the rear brakes. 2: rear windows in the vehicle went down by themselves when driving the vehicle. 3: front passenger door could not be unlocked with the key. I took the vehicle in three times for these repairs. The only thing that was repaired was the front passenger door lock. The windows going down were never even looked at, they said they could not duplicate the problem. The loud noise in the rear brakes was checked by the technicians, three times and their answer for the problem was there was nothing wrong with the brakes and that was just a characteristic of that model (Jeep Compass). I asked to be put in a different vehicle, because I am and were concerned about the stability of the vehicle. I am very disappointed in the service I received and in the vehicle that was sold to me. The noise in the rear brakes is of great concern to me, as far as the dependability and safety. I do not want to keep this vehicle. I believe it is a lemon.

- Corrales, NM, USA