2014 Jeep Compass miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Jeep Compass:

2014 Jeep Compass Owner Comments

Mar 162016

Able to remove key from ignition while Jeep is in gear, car rolled at least a foot on flat ground. Twice in parking lot, once in garage -clear danger to those behind and along side of vehicle. Happened three times, now use handbrake to insure no accident.

- Buford, GA, USA

Feb 102016

Brought 2014 Jeep Compass in for a safety and emission inspection. 2014 Jeep Compass failed emissions test. 21000 miles. New York state. Jeep Chrysler has been unwillingly to provide loaner vehicle and correct the problem in a timely manner. My inspection is only good until the end of February and this manner needs to be urgently resolved.

- Eastchester, NY, USA

Jan 012015

I was driving approximately 10 miles an hour in a parking lot and my engine stalled and began to smoke. I reached out to the dealership where I purchased my vehicle first and no one would return my car. There is an additional recall that impacts my vehicle which has to do with the hijacking of the vehicle navigational system/blue tooth. I cannot get resolution from the dealership. State line Dodge Chrysler Jeep dealer #45636/45636

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Aug 302014

Compass 4-cyl

I have taken this car 3 times to the dealer and now it is going on the 4th time to fix a squeaky sound. I am tired of returning. It needs to be fixed and by the way after 4 times I do believe it is considered a new car lemon.

- Highland, NY, USA