6.1

2014 Jeep Compass miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Jeep Compass:

2014 Jeep Compass Owner Comments

Oct 012016

Compass

Recall S61/NHTSA 16V-668. Loss of air bag and pretensioner deployment. The recall on my vehicle came out in October, and it's now January and there is no resolution yet. I already hate this vehicle and now feel unsafe driving it. How long will it take to have the recall complete" what is a reasonable time frame to have this fixed"

- Kings Park, NY, USA

Dec 222016

Compass

Takada recall, my Jeep will randomly turn off while stopped but with the key in the on position and I have to put it in park and restart it, it has mainly happened at red lights

- Hartstown, PA, USA

Dec 012016

Compass

The vehicles may experience loss of air bag and seat belt pretensioner deployment capability in certain crash events due to a pretensioner deployment capability in certain crash events due to a shorting condition resulting in a negative voltage transient that travels to the occupant restraint controller via front impact sensor wires.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Aug 202016

Compass

The driver side headrest was in the raised position while I was in transit. I stopped at a traffic light and reached up to push the headrest down to the lower position. I pressed the slide button on the base of the headrest with one hand and pushed down on the headrest with the other hand. The headrest blew apart hitting me in the back of the head when it did so. There was no impact to my vehicle that would have caused the headrest to pop in that manner. I did not hit the headrest but pushed firmly to try and lower it to a more comfortable position. I tried to have the headrest reset and closed but was told by a service technician that the head]rest was in fact broken and needed to be replaced.

- Houston, TX, USA

Mar 162016

Compass

Able to remove key from ignition while Jeep is in gear, car rolled at least a foot on flat ground. Twice in parking lot, once in garage -clear danger to those behind and along side of vehicle. Happened three times, now use handbrake to insure no accident.

- Buford, GA, USA

Feb 102016

Compass

Brought 2014 Jeep Compass in for a safety and emission inspection. 2014 Jeep Compass failed emissions test. 21000 miles. New York state. Jeep Chrysler has been unwillingly to provide loaner vehicle and correct the problem in a timely manner. My inspection is only good until the end of February and this manner needs to be urgently resolved.

- Eastchester, NY, USA

Jan 012015

Compass

I was driving approximately 10 miles an hour in a parking lot and my engine stalled and began to smoke. I reached out to the dealership where I purchased my vehicle first and no one would return my car. There is an additional recall that impacts my vehicle which has to do with the hijacking of the vehicle navigational system/blue tooth. I cannot get resolution from the dealership. State line Dodge Chrysler Jeep dealer #45636/45636

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Aug 302014

Compass 4-cyl

I have taken this car 3 times to the dealer and now it is going on the 4th time to fix a squeaky sound. I am tired of returning. It needs to be fixed and by the way after 4 times I do believe it is considered a new car lemon.

- Highland, NY, USA