1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

May 132015

Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L

My Jeep has fallen victim to the dreaded death wobble. I have scoured the internet and found out that I am in good company and can't believe this hasn't warranted a recall from Jeep. My problem only rears its ugly head between 35 and 45 miles an hour from the slightest bump in the road. One bump and my Jeep is thrust into the "death wobble" and will not stop until I have slowed to under 20 miles per hour.

I have checked the track bar and everything seems intact and tight.

I have replaced the steering stabilizer.

And the wobble continues on....

Suggestion? I am thinking new tires (mine are worn)? Replacing tie rods/ball joints and having an alignment done? Don't know!

- , Spokane, USA